2019 SG Zach Harvey -> Cincinnati

hhcmatt

23 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Well, apparently, it was halftime. ;)

Yeah, that was my first reaction. ;)

Apparently he went off ("poked the beast" is how I heard it described) in the second half of the championship game.  Simply took over.

When I asked one of our kids (who is going to play quarterback at Concordia in Seward) what it was like to guard Harvey, he said after the game it felt like he'd just played in a football game. Said things got a bit physical, but he enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

The New Puritans.  Ugh.

When he was 16, Zach apparently had sex with a 15-year-old.

News reports out today indicate that he's being charged with 2 felonies, including possession of a sexually explicit image of someone his age (under 18) and inducing a 15-year-old to perform a lude act.

If convicted, he stands to face whatever prison time plus potentially a lifetime on the sex offender registry.

Ridiculous.

• 2 years later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 SG Zach Harvey -> Cincinnati

Image result for unfrozen caveman lawyer

Ladies and gentlemen of the message board, I’m just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and runoff into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my computer, I wonder: “Did little demons get inside and type it?” I don’t know! My primitive mind can’t grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know – when someone enters the transfer portal we reach out to them despite how many scholarships we're over the limit. Thank you.

1 minute ago, jimmykc said:

How old is this guy now and how many years of eligibility would he have left? Bonus question for the day: Who is the last Topeka player to start for an NCAA champion. Answer: Fred Slaughter, center on Wooden's 1964 team with Walt Hazzard. He played for Topeka High.

Completing his sophomore year. Would have 2 years left. Shot decent in limited minutes here but I can't see how we're looking at anything other than a PG for next year's squad

Congrats, Chuck Taylor. He played for Wyandotte in KC which was a powerhouse school in the 50's and 60's. And I learned something today from Handy because I had always thought Kansas was a Lawrence band, but I suppose that is just dust in the wind now. And, atskooc, are you from Kansas or living there now? Again, just wondering since I have some extra time on my hands today. BTW, actor Ed Asner and a contemporary of mine at KU, Steve Renko, who pitched briefly and ineffectively for the Red Sox, also graduated from Wyandotte.

Edited by jimmykc

41 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Congrats, Chuck Taylor. He played for Wyandotte in KC which was a powerhouse school in the 50's and 60's. And I learned something today from Handy because I had always thought Kansas was a Lawrence band, but I suppose that is just dust in the wind now. And, atskooc, are you from Kansas or living there now? Again, just wondering since I have some extra time on my hands today. BTW, actor Ed Asner and a contemporary of mine at KU, Steve Renko, who pitched briefly and ineffectively for the Red Sox, also graduated from Wyandotte.

John Wooden really recruited coast to coast. Starters with Alcindor/Kareem (NYC) were Lucius (Kansas), Lynn Shackleford (Calif) and Mike Warren (Indiana). Younger board members will remember Warren from Hill Street Blues. Why do I know this and can't remember my address?