A new HHC coming

hhcmatt

All,

I plan on updating the site/forum software within the next week.  I'll try and plan for either a weekend or a night where I can carve out a big enough block of continuous time in order to make it happen. During that time you'll see a site unavailable/not working.  Once it is back online there will probably be a few things to fix so I'll start a fix it sort of thread at that point.

A couple of things to note

• Currently it's possible to have a different username for logging in than your screen name. For most of you, they won't be different. If yours is different, you will have to start using your screen name to log in
  • If your browser always remembers your password, this will potentially reset it. If you don't remember your password because you rarely type it in, please make sure your email address is current

Otherwise, once the shock of change wears off, I think most will be pleased with the changes/improvements which will be

• Better mobile phone experience: It will look very similar on a phone vs on the desktop
  • In-Topic update notification: In other words, if you are used to hanging out in the game time threads you will now be able to view more replies without having to hit refresh on your browser
  • Easier to embed content: In addition to just pasting in links for things like twtiter/youtube you'll also be able to use the embed options that these and other content use.  You'll also get feedback before you hit the post button to know that it's worked.

Are we there yet? No, really I want to make sure I can get back on after the Big Change happens. I guess my user name is jimmykc  but I don't remember my password. Could you message me with my password before the site goes offline? Thanks

Trust me, when it happens you won't have to ask if it happened.

Also, I don't know nor have access to anyone's password. I can reset them though and will make a note to reach out to you after the transition.

The nice thing about the avatar is you can upload a new one directly via URL.  (You can just find an image on Google Image Search, copy the image url and boom!  New avatar)  Also, it does not appear that there are any resolution restrictions so you can upload a nice hi-res image as your avatar now.

43 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

how do I delete this?

Members can now delete their posts.

I am wary of someone and coming in and deleting all of their posts out of spite for some reason though it's more about readability than anything else.  I can restore any of that content but it's really a pain.  However, it would fix a lot of "oops" or "oh shit" posts.

Also, don't use the embed for Youtube, which might seem counteractive 

You can either 

1. Copy and paste from the URL up top

2. Hit the Share button under the video and paste that in

Also, you will get immediate feedback when you paste it in whether it worked or not....if it shows up as a mess of text when you paste it in, it will be a mess of text when you hit post.

4034697142.png