2017-18 Husker opponents

While I don't like to see what is going to be typed, I am confident it will probably be true.

Creighton might be the 2nd toughest game we play before January.  Certainly will be the 3rd toughest.

The 4 game stretch of Minny, MSU, Creighton, KU might be the toughest 4 game stretch we have had in years.  A win in there would be great.  2 would be fantastic.  3-4 and we might be on to something.

Man Oh Man is it vital that we go at least 2-1 and then take down Boston College.  Because 0-4 is possible in that 4 game stretch in December and if we do go 0-4, I wouldn't say that "all is lost."

Eastern Illinois in a dog fight at Marquette.  Gave up a lead in the final minute by missing a freethrow.

North Texas started 2nd half on a 24-2 run and are now up just 2 with 40 seconds left.

Would be nice if both of these teams won.  And I told you Eastern Illinois had the potential to knock off someone decent.

Just now, hhcdimes said:

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2017/11/where-northwestern-is-now/

Northwestern seems to be having one of those "Hey everyone is back from our NCAA team except for Ray Gallegos what could go wrong" vibes.

When I watched their game against Creighton I was thoroughly impressed. Even though they lost, Vic Law and McIntosh could not miss. Ever since that game Northwestern has been a huge disappointment.

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2017/11/where-northwestern-is-now/

Northwestern seems to be having one of those "Hey everyone is back from our NCAA team except for Ray Gallegos what could go wrong" vibes.

They got everybody's attention after last year's run.  This season is going to tell us a lot about what kind of coach Collins is.

Edited by 49r

I just watched Gonzaga beat Creighton. The Zags have a 6'9 post named Jonathan Williams. That's what Roby could be and much more. Williams is so much more aggressive in going and getting his shot than Roby and I would think he has a  much better jump hook (He shoots the one with the rotating shoulders),  but I don't know because Roby hasn't been aggressive enough for me to see that shot from him. To me Roby looks more athletic and just needs the confidence to use it and his skills. Williams just took it to Creighton. He ended up with 15 points, 5 rebounds and a block. If Roby averaged those in the Big 10 he's getting postseason honors.