2017-18 Husker opponents

This may be me just looking at things through a rose colored glass, but any team that could hinder the NCAA and it's tournament and is on the bubble should not make it.  Honestly, any team that did crap like this shouldn't make it.

What's going to happen is that 3 years from now someone has to take down the banner of a game that I remember watching.  It'll be like the game never happened.  Whoo Flipty Doo.  That does nothing to punish anyone.  Does it really do anything to Louisville to vacate all their wins and take down their banner?  No....

Kind of slapped me in the face to see all of the schools named in this probe in one way or the other so far - 2 B1G teams and 4 teams on our schedule this year. Obviously, different levels of problems for each school, but not a list you want to be on. 

1. Alabama
  2. Arizona
  3. Auburn
  4. Clemson
  5. Creighton
  6. Duke
  7. Iowa St
  8. Kansas
  9. Kentucky
  10. Louisville
  11. LSU
  12. Maryland
  13. Michigan St
  14. North Carolina
  15. North Carolina St
  16. Notre Dame
  17. Oklahoma St
  18. Seton Hall
  19. South Carolina
  20. Texas
  21. USC
  22. Utah
  23. Vanderbilt
  24. Virginia
  25. Washington
  26. Wichita State
  27. Xavier

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22555512/explaining-ncaa-college-basketball-scandal-players-coaches-agents

• 7 ACC (out of 15)
  • 6 SEC (out of 14)
  • 4 Pac-12 (out of 12)
  • 4 Big 12 (out of 10)
  • 3 Big East (out of 10)
  • 2 B1G (out of 14)
  • 1 AAC

So that’s 26 out of 75 major schools …. with still more to come I'd imagine. Wow.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, huskercwg said:

I fear that the NCAA will look at Michigan State is a macro rather than a micro setting.  They do not have just one thing hanging over their athletic program.  Because of this, they may have to a punishment related to systemic control failure.  Is major probation a possibility?

The negative effects of NCAA sanctions on Penn State's athletic success were several orders of magnitude less than the negative effects of Harvey Perlman being chancellor on Nebraska's athletic success.  I wouldn't expect much impact from any NCAA action on Michigan State unless they make a conscious effort to deemphasize athletics a bit.  Schools that cheat like crazy and have a major scandal still tend to come back and continue to cheat like crazy.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley