2017-18 Husker opponents

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

This is a year I think I'd like to play tOSU twice.

They are a bottom 3.  But we got the other two in that group.   And Penn State/Wisconsin won't be much in front 

we very well may have only one top 6 team there.  Can't ask for more than that IMO

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

They are a bottom 3.  But we got the other two in that group.   And Penn State/Wisconsin won't be much in front 

we very well may have only one top 6 team there.  Can't ask for more than that IMO

Teams that got Nebraska are probably thinking the same thing.

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

If i'm crunching the numbers correctly we're looking at

Away - Purdue, Michigan, NW, Ohio St

Home - Maryland, Mich St, Iowa, Indiana

Would rather have Michigan State on the road, switched with Purdue/Michigan/Northwestern.  MSU would be extremely tough home or away, and any of the other three would go from being not favored on the road to being at least a toss-up at home.

UCF should be a solid test for us.  They return 3 of their top 4 players from a team that beat Illinois last season in the NIT Quarterfinals.  Plus, they have a couple of transfers now eligible including Aubrey Dawkins who transferred from Michigan, and a redshirt sophomore kid who averaged about 10 pts and 3.5 assists in one season at Drexel.

And they have a bunch of guys with size even if Tacko falls.