2017-18 Husker opponents

2 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

You don't think we can beat DePaul?

Not sure if joking or if you misinterpreted my post.

Yes, I think we could beat DePaul.   I think we can beat Georgetown too.   It's a name team, that will have at worst a top 100-110 RPI and at home.   Winnable for us.   This is a good thing considering the rest of our schedule.

7 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we are fed two conference bottom feeders for both the Gavitt Games and The Big Ten/ACC Challenge. I'm talking like, Boston College and DePaul. 

Again...not bad things.   They are still power 5 opponents and we already will have 5 pretty decent to very good games between the California tourney, Creighton and Kansas.

15 hours ago, nustudent said:

Not sure if joking or if you misinterpreted my post.

Yes, I think we could beat DePaul.   I think we can beat Georgetown too.   It's a name team, that will have at worst a top 100-110 RPI and at home.   Winnable for us.   This is a good thing considering the rest of our schedule.

Joking about the layout of the post. G'Town would be a great opponent on several levels

11 hours ago, SkersHoops said:

Remember how Florida native Chad Johnson left Nebraska to be closer to home and ended up at Pittsburgh?

And remember how Michigan native Walt Pitchford left Florida to be closer to home and ended up in Lincoln?

I'd love to see Bazley decommit from OSU to go to a real NCAA tourney school and end up you-know-where:rolleyes:

Edited by HuskerCager

13 hours ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

Does this mean that we will also have to reschedule our annual mid-December home loss to an opponent of questionable RPI?

No, that's still up for grabs in late December.  I'll tentatively pencil us in for Opponent TBA at noon on Sunday, December 17th.

• 2 weeks later...