2018 G Xavier Johnson - Decommit to Pitt

ajb5856

31 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

We've had some up and down PG play in the Miles era; this guy seems like the killer that we can play that will be feeding Thomas Allen and company when he isn't going at the rim.

I just really hope that Thomas doesnt get discouraged from these last few games and think he needs to transfer or something. Really really really hope

Just now, noahjb24 said:

I just really hope that Thomas doesnt get discouraged from these last few games and think he needs to transfer or something. Really really really hope

A home game against Iowa might be what the doctor ordered for most everyone feeling low about their offense.

Two reasons i dont think Thomas Allen will leave:

1. Hes on what seems to be a winning team and winning is fun. 

2. Just like we've mentioned with Nana and Thor, there will be 50ish minutes per game available with the graduation of Taylor and Gill. 

Now does anyone know what Xavier Johnson's height is? I have seen anywhere from 6'1-6'3. If he is 6'1 that makes for small back court when you add in 6'0 Watson and a generous 6'1 for Thomas Allen.

5 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Not that big a deal.

Looks like me everyday at lunch.

Granted I am playing the 2nd graders and the hoops are 6 ft. But you know!<_<

And Here All This Time I thought it was Norm that was Dunking; Silver!    :rolleyes:

On 5/11/2015 at 1:01 PM, huskercwg said:

Here is Norm shooting hoops in his back yard...

c480x270_37.jpg

Edited by Red Don

• 5 weeks later...

I hope he can develop/refine/gain confidence in his outside shot.  In that ten minute clip he does a fantastic job driving to the hole, but only scores once outside the paint.  But with the way the rest of his team spreads the floor and shoots, his role is to penetrate and score or to find the open man...and he does that extremely well.

5 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I hope he can develop/refine/gain confidence in his outside shot.  In that ten minute clip he does a fantastic job driving to the hole, but only scores once outside the paint.  But with the way the rest of his team spreads the floor and shoots, his role is to penetrate and score or to find the open man...and he does that extremely well.

Nice thing is with Nana, TAllen, Copeland, and Palmer next year, he won't have to be "the guy" from outside.

Xavier is gonna be a stud.  I was super stoked about Allen last year, and am equally excited about Xavier this year.  If someone else in the those two recruiting classes can develop enough to contribute some, that'd be icing on the cake.  But those two guys alone are going to be excellent.  Class of '19 will be critical in signing some role players that can help them out.

13 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Xavier is gonna be a stud.  I was super stoked about Allen last year, and am equally excited about Xavier this year.  If someone else in the those two recruiting classes can develop enough to contribute some, that'd be icing on the cake.  But those two guys alone are going to be excellent.  Class of '19 will be critical in signing some role players that can help them out.

Yup.  I think X allows Allen to go to the 2 full-time and live outside the arc in Gill's role.  If Allen is allowed to set up for wide open threes the same way Gill has this season, I think they go in at an even higher clip with Allen--and that says a lot because Gill has been great in that role.  

X is a true, true point guard and is going to absolutely run things here.  He'll play immediately.  

24 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Yup.  I think X allows Allen to go to the 2 full-time and live outside the arc in Gill's role.  If Allen is allowed to set up for wide open threes the same way Gill has this season, I think they go in at an even higher clip with Allen--and that says a lot because Gill has been great in that role.  

X is a true, true point guard and is going to absolutely run things here.  He'll play immediately.  

My thoughts exactly.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a great article from today's Washington Post. 

And here are some quotes from Xavier's High School coach, Joe Wootten:

“The best thing I can say about him is every practice, every workout, every game, he competes his tail off,” Wootten said. “That has been a big credit as his development as a player.”

“I’ve been around a lot of great high school players, McDonald All-Americans, and his speed is right at the top,” Wootten said. “Great defensive speed, offensive speed and competitor speed.”

And here is a quote from Xavier:

“I feel like they are an underrated team,” Johnson said of Nebraska. “All my life I’ve been underrated, and now I’ll be coming in and competing with them as a top program.”