2018 G Xavier Johnson - Decommit to Pitt

ajb5856

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

We've made his list

The full text

Rising senior guard Xavier Johnson of Team Takeover told Espn that ‬ ‪Washington, Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Georgetown, and South Florida are some of his top schools. Produces on both ends of the floor and feeds off the conversion game.

• 2 weeks later...

His visits:

9/1-Washington

9/8-Creighton

9/16-Nebraska

9/22-Georgia Tech

9/29-South Florida

i like our positioning there right in the middle. He'll have a couple warm up visits before he gets blown away by Nebraska, and then a couple visits following ours that won't be able to compare favorably to Nebraska. 

2 hours ago, ajb5856 said:

His visits:

9/1-Washington

9/8-Creighton

9/16-Nebraska

9/22-Georgia Tech

9/29-South Florida

i like our positioning there right in the middle. He'll have a couple warm up visits before he gets blown away by Nebraska, and then a couple visits following ours that won't be able to compare favorably to Nebraska. 

Or... even better... He is so blown away by Nebraska that he just cancels his 9/22 and 9.29 visits and commits on the spot!

Ha!  

There's only one person's opinion on Tim Miles that matters.  He isn't posting on this board.  He isn't listening to us.  And none of us knows what he's thinking.  

Any of us on this board with an opinion on Miles's future job status (whether he stays or goes under any circumstances at the end of next season) has a 50% chance of being right.

And it's always fun to speculate!

Swam. I don't disagree that the AD does not read what we have to say, but he would be very unwise not knowing what we are saying and thinking.  This site is known for diehard Husker fandom.  Without overstating it, we seem to be the heart of the fan base.  Not bragging, but if he knows what this site is saying, he will have a great understanding of what the fans think of the product on the floor.  So the AD may not be reading this, but he better have minions that are paying attention.

35 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Ha!  

There's only one person's opinion on Tim Miles that matters.  He isn't posting on this board.  He isn't listening to us.  And none of us knows what he's thinking.  

Any of us on this board with an opinion on Miles's future job status (whether he stays or goes under any circumstances at the end of next season) has a 50% chance of being right.

And it's always fun to speculate!

It is always fun to speculate. There's going to be lots of opinions about Miles' job status going into and throughout the season. There are going to be many experts claiming to know an exact win total that is needed to stay aboard. I don't subscribe to that channel. Nobody knows. The man making the decision probably doesn't even know. It's not that simple. But yes Miles needs wins. 

I don't have any inside knowledge but I currently speculate that Miles' job status is much more solidified (at the moment) with those that matter than most fans believe. I say 'at the moment' because anything can happen including another losing season. I don't think this is as simple a hitting a win total. It's going to depend on what is seen with the eyes. 

I dont think we were as bad as our record last year. Through a good chunk of the season we were competitive in every game. Of course you can't just ignore the end of the season either.

Say we land a solid 2018 class. Say we see with our eyes a competitive team that has multiple building blocks, difference makers, and potential. They look like they are truly going somewhere and have plus momentum but only achieve a .500 record. Then what? I know at some point (I think we've reached it) that wins have to be tallied, but are we (Is Eichorst) just going to cut the cord at that point? I wouldn't think so.