2018 G Xavier Johnson - Decommit to Pitt

ajb5856

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2017 at 9:26 AM, Norm Peterson said:

No buzz or activity on this kid for 9 months and then, all of a sudden, he has a final list and a decision coming soon.  That makes it seem like we're just on the list so that he has a final 5 or whatever.  I'll be somewhat shocked if it's us he's choosing.

This is certainly what you call "Under the radar recruiting."

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2018 G Xavier Johnson -LOI
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He may not be exaggerating. Its becoming more obvious with each class that certain players are overlooked and criminally underrated by the scouting system. Part of me wants to think it has to do with the money. Obviously, talent is the biggest factor, but widespread exposure (and subsequently, high ratings in the services) may be something that only certain types of players (or families) receive. 

edit: still think Xavier is an incredible addition for you guys next year. It will be interesting to see which of your guards get how many minutes.

Edited by bleujay

7 hours ago, bleujay said:

He may not be exaggerating. Its becoming more obvious with each class that certain players are overlooked and criminally underrated by the scouting system. Part of me wants to think it has to do with the money. Obviously, talent is the biggest factor, but widespread exposure (and subsequently, high ratings in the services) may be something that only certain types of players (or families) receive. 

edit: still think Xavier is an incredible addition for you guys next year. It will be interesting to see which of your guards get how many minutes.

Lots of minutes to be had with Taylor and Gill graduating. Allen will get lots of those.

I agree it will be interesting with Watson, Allen, and Johnson all 6'3 and smaller. Our 3 point defense may take a step back.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Cool that Virginia HS has a shot clock

Plus 100000!  I wish Nebraska would go this route.  Even if it’s a 45-50 second shot clock.  I personally played in a game where we won an overtime tip and held the ball for the last shot... 2/3 overtime’s we played.  The other OT they got the tip, missed, and we held for the last shot.