2016-17 Roster

hhcmatt

Your 2016-17 Nebraska Cornhuskers

14324145_1050058088376072_54679117842827

Photo courtesy of Nebraska Basketball Facebook

Front Row (L-R) Evan Turner, Jason Shultis, Glynn Watson, Tai Webster, Malcolm Laws, Anton Gill
Back Row (L-R) Nick Fuller, Jeriah Horne, Jack McVeigh, Isaiah Roby, Jordy Tshimanga, Michael Jacobson, Ed Morrow, James Palmer

View full article

i'm looking forward to this year more than any in the last 20 or so... that run a few years back to the ncaa's came out of the blue... what miles has built so far has taken time, patience, and talent

dont get me wrong, i don't think we'll be a finished product this year, but we've got a shot at growing into something pretty good in a year to a year and a half and i want to enjoy the ride.

Who is everybody most excited to see play this season? There's alot of good choices imo but I can not wait to see Morrow and Jacobson in action. They look like a couple of beasts.

I particularly am excited to see what they do with Morrow in a pick and role situation. Last year it seemed like Tai and Glenn were the only ones that would actually look for the big man on the pick and roll. It could be a serious weapon for Nebrasketball much like the TP/Walt pick and pop was a few years ago.

Who is everybody most excited to see play this season? There's alot of good choices imo but I can not wait to see Morrow and Jacobson in action. They look like a couple of beasts.

Not really one individual player but I'm excited to see if the hiring of Lewis helps our offense under Miles take the next step.  In addition to that...the extra beef down low I'm curious to see if we are able to go away from having to double the post.  That was a killer last year

I already claimed Watson his freshman year, so I'll stick with him.

Me too. The biggest question this season in my mind is his ability to run the team. I know he can score and we have some talent around him, but can the offense function?

How will you know if he's running the offense? I think point guards are overvalued at the college level because the coaches are running the offense from the sidelines by shouting out the plays on most every possession (they feel they need to be in control because of the high stakes of the job). How will we know if Watson has control of the offense if Miles is running the show from the bench?

This is not a knock on Miles or Watson. I'm just asking because I truly don't know.

Nobody's picked Jordy yet?  Man, he's #1 on my "looking forward to" list.  But yeah, other than that, the Roby kid for sure.

9er, you had my man Shavon for all those years. It's my guy Isaiah. ;):D:ph34r:

I may be wrong, but I believe Norm claimed Roby before anybody...you'll want to speak with him about that.  ;)

Also, I must remind you that having "a guy" is a pretty big responsibility that cannot be taken lightly.  One must choose wisely! 

Nobody's picked Jordy yet?  Man, he's #1 on my "looking forward to" list.  But yeah, other than that, the Roby kid for sure.

I may be wrong, but I believe Norm claimed Roby before anybody...you'll want to speak with him about that.   ;)

Also, I must remind you that having "a guy" is a pretty big responsibility that cannot be taken lightly.  One must choose wisely! 

I still have Fuller for a year!  I had both Fuller and Benny for the last couple of years and it was good.

Also what is the big deal with gaining 19 pounds in three months I call that Thanksgiving weekend! :o

I may be wrong, but I believe Norm claimed Roby before anybody...you'll want to speak with him about that.   ;)

No, Normy did not squeak in. Nada. Negatory. Nuh-uhhh.  B)  :o  ^_^

I already claimed Watson his freshman year, so I'll stick with him.

Me too. The biggest question this season in my mind is his ability to run the team. I know he can score and we have some talent around him, but can the offense function?
How will you know if he's running the offense? I think point guards are overvalued at the college level because the coaches are running the offense from the sidelines by shouting out the plays on most every possession (they feel they need to be in control because of the high stakes of the job). How will we know if Watson has control of the offense if Miles is running the show from the bench?

This is not a knock on Miles or Watson. I'm just asking because I truly don't know.

Couldn't disagree more. Point guard play might be the single best indicator of success. What will I be watching? (1) How much he dribbles (2) how soon in the shot clock the ball starts moving (3) how soon he looks for his own shot (4) how he reacts when he's in charge and things aren't going well. Miles may call the set their running, but Glynn has to make it happen on the floor.

I like Glynn and think he'll be terrific. But he's running the show this year, not coming in mostly off the bench and he's going to have to adjust to being in charge. I think MJ will be solid this year, we've got several guys who can play 4 and Tai and Gill are both experienced hands. So I've got my eyes on Watson.