How are we gonna confirm anything anymore?

uneblinstu

Not to be too macabre, but with Steve Pivovar at the OWH passing on, would it be possible for Rosenthal to just be heading up the road?

To be the new beat writer for Creighton of all teams

Well at least he wouldn't have to change which football team he covers.  Creighton fans would appreciate that, I'm sure.

Final story after 16 years at the LJS for BR:

* No-sit Sunday may still be one of the most electric, special, loudest, spirited and enjoyable sporting events I’ve ever covered, or witnessed. The final game of the 2013-14 men’s basketball season, the first at sparkling Pinnacle Bank Arena, had a standing-room only crowd buzzing, standing and yelling from beginning to end. The balmy March day made for a football-like atmosphere in the Railyard all day long, too.

At stake was an NCAA Tournament at-large bid, which Nebraska knew it could probably clinch with a victory over No. 5 Wisconsin. The Huskers won, and Wisconsin players and media still say it’s one of the best environments they’ve ever encountered, too. That’s saying something for a Big Ten school.

Nebraska, which indeed made its first NCAA Tournament since 1998, has yet to duplicate that environment – the bar was set so high – but I have a gut feeling similar settings aren’t far off into the future.