huskers pick up another transfer...

whoopdeedoo

Has good floor game......

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=janay+morton#id=1&vid=8a50d72649ec3d1c16733922ff88ba47&action=click

Out of Minn in 2013 .....   http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/janay-morton/aTaqlfTwEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/awards.htm

Very short term player, but will add some college experience...not B1G experience, but experience none the less. What few videos I've seen looks aggressive and will make for additional versatile guard play.

With 2 talented proven players in Stallworth and Morton basically redshirting this year they will have the benefit of all the support programs to make them even better and by contributing in practice they will learn first hand the system brought by coach Williams.  They should hit the ground running next year and add ability and depth to the guard position.

Not sure I quite understand.  Bria Stallworth sits one year (redshirting) and has three left to play (for NU). 

Janay Morton must sit a year then has one year to play.  There is not a lot of information on her but she played 2013/14 & 2014/15 at EMU.  I don't see anything for 2015/16.  Would that be her redshirt year? (therefore she does not have a redshirt available to cover the 2016/17 year she must sit before playing a final year at NU?)

Not sure I quite understand. Bria Stallworth sits one year (redshirting) and has three left to play (for NU).

Janay Morton must sit a year then has one year to play. There is not a lot of information on her but she played 2013/14 & 2014/15 at EMU. I don't see anything for 2015/16. Would that be her redshirt year? (therefore she does not have a redshirt available to cover the 2016/17 year she must sit before playing a final year at NU?)

I looked at the season box score for the 15/16 season and she was listed as playing.

Janay has basically been a three year starter at Eastern MIchigan after graduating from High School in 2013.  So this coming season would be her red shirt year due to the transfer.  Eastern Michigan had a coaching change this past May hiring Fred Castro who had been an assistant coach at the Univ. of Wash. for the previous 3 years.

Gottcha,  Thanks for the information - it makes sense now (I was just trying to get Janay another year to play ;))!

Interesting side note, Tory Verdi (former asst at UNL)  left as WBB coach at EMU (and Janay transfers to Huskers) to become new HC at UMass (and Bria Stallworth transfers to Huskers)!  Anyway, glad to get the transfers!  :)

On another slant to the transfer news on Janay, I haven't seen anything on it in the OWH ,LJS or Huskers.Com.  I'm tired of reading too many articles about Terran Pettaway and would hope the writers would give us better coverage on WBB.  This has been kind of an on going bitch of mine.  Again as noted before thank goodness for this forum.

It's particularly difficult to understand when you consider the success of the women's basketball program over the past dozen years or so.  Twelve, count 'em, TWELVE (seven NCAA & 5 NIT) appearances over the past fourteen years!  :)

And it's not like we don't have any players (former or present) worth writing about.  Several notable names/careers in the past, returning freshmen of the year, and a NIT championship-winning incoming coach.   

On another slant to the transfer news on Janay, I haven't seen anything on it in the OWH ,LJS or Huskers.Com.  I'm tired of reading too many articles about Terran Pettaway and would hope the writers would give us better coverage on WBB.  This has been kind of an on going bitch of mine.  Again as noted before thank goodness for this forum.

I'm surprised that they haven't covered his hair cut.

• 2 weeks later...

Alas Fastbreaker I guess you are right.  For example:  BREAKING NEWS ...Sportscaster Dinardo from the Big Ten comes in for a day,observes one practice and declares N/U is not in a position to challenge for a division football title.  Who the hell cares what he thinks.  If that's headline news we have really sunk to a new low.