2019 JUCO SF Teddy Allen - WNCC - Signed

seems to be similar to jeriah horne with his size and skill set.

i know we needed anther guard, but i'd much rather take a teddy allen than let evan taylor be our 3rd string point guard for 2 years.

Allen and Horne are 2 completely different players playing two different positions. Horne is a PF. Allen is a Guard.

rivals has both players listed at 6'6 220 pounds. they both can shoot the 3 and play inside. i wouldn't say they are completely different players.

They aren't the same and rivals isn't accurate

i know we needed anther guard, but i'd much rather take a teddy allen than let evan taylor be our 3rd string point guard for 2 years.

Allen and Horne are 2 completely different players playing two different positions. Horne is a PF. Allen is a Guard.

rivals has both players listed at 6'6 220 pounds. they both can shoot the 3 and play inside. i wouldn't say they are completely different players.

can you be more specific? they both look like they're about 6'6 220.

allen might be a little more perimeter oriented than horne, but overall they do a lot of the same things from what i can tell.

allen might be a little more perimeter oriented than horne, but overall they do a lot of the same things from what i can tell.

Horne is 6'7" and has been listed as much as 245.   He's also plays in the front court.   Just because he can hit a 3 doesn't mean he's a guard or wing.  And I'm pretty sure Allen measured 6'5" at the most recent camp he was at

Let's atleast let kid play some games for us before we write him off as a waste of a scholarship.

i haven't written him off, but the only reason he is on the team is because white left. Miles has even said this.
From what I read, Miles said ET was on their radar before AW3 announced his decision to transfer.
On the radar does not equal a take
You are right, it doesn't equal a take. At the time, I believe the quote went something like, 'he was on the radar even before AWIII left, we were considering taking him even if AWIII stayed, but once he decided to transfer it became a no-brainer.' Something like that. Hard to say what Miles actually would have done but given his history of leaving a spot open, it's hard to argue that he definitely would've taken ET either way.

Horne is 6'7" and has been listed as much as 245.   He's also plays in the front court.   Just because he can hit a 3 doesn't mean he's a guard or wing.  And I'm pretty sure Allen measured 6'5" at the most recent camp he was at

i'm not saying you're wrong but huskers.com has him at 220.

Horne won't see one minute at 3 this year, barring 4 guys fouling out or something like that. He has some good perimeter skills for a guy his size so that he could make plays against high school players. I don't think he'll be able to drive from the perimeter and do a spin on his way to the basket against college players.

Teddy Allen isn't that shifty or quick, but he's fast and he's strong. He'll play 3. They are not the same player, despite some apparent similarities in listed sizes.

Not sure it's been mentioned, but Allen also has an offer from West Virginia. That one surprises me. Huggins needs elite athleticism to run his press, and that isn't Allen's strong suit. I think he can be a 15 ppg scorer in the right program, one that spreads the floor well, giving him a chance to get to the basket. And Cincinnati is a good fit because they play a physical style. But I wouldn't have pegged him for W.Va. or Louisville or somebody like that. But that's why my opinions are on here instead of a college coach's office.

Let's atleast let kid play some games for us before we write him off as a waste of a scholarship.
i haven't written him off, but the only reason he is on the team is because white left. Miles has even said this.
From what I read, Miles said ET was on their radar before AW3 announced his decision to transfer.

yes, but miles said we pulled the trigger after white left. and given that miles likes to leave a scholarship open, i doubt we would have signed him if white had not left.

No one LIKES to leave a scholarship open

FWIW I think most people take the ACT in the spring of their junior year typically right around prom season. Atleast that's how I and most others did it and I'm only a few years removed from high school.

Well things are changing then. There are lots of metro kids that take the ACT in middle school. I would think Boys Town would be different but most high schools are really pushing kids to take it at least once their sophomore year.

The advice now is to take it three times or not at all.

The biggest jump in score is between the first and second, and the third can be used to focus on the weakest section.

Why the heck are we talking about this?  :)

If Allen qualifies, I really hope we can land him and Chang.  It would be great to get an NE HS pipeline going again as we haven't had this much individual talent in the state since, when, the early-mid 90s?  

The in-state trio signed in '02 comes to mind -- Dourisseau, Wilkinson, and Enright.  Each was pretty highly touted coming out of high school, IIRC.

If Allen qualifies, I really hope we can land him and Chang. It would be great to get an NE HS pipeline going again as we haven't had this much individual talent in the state since, when, the early-mid 90s?

The in-state trio signed in '02 comes to mind -- Dourisseau, Wilkinson, and Enright. Each was pretty highly touted coming out of high school, IIRC.
WWWWWWEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS *insert earth shattering dunk

If Allen qualifies, I really hope we can land him and Chang. It would be great to get an NE HS pipeline going again as we haven't had this much individual talent in the state since, when, the early-mid 90s?

The in-state trio signed in '02 comes to mind -- Dourisseau, Wilkinson, and Enright. Each was pretty highly touted coming out of high school, IIRC.

Here, have a few! :D

Wilkinson European mixtape. Good stuff.

Here, have a few! :D

Wilkinson European mixtape. Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bkds-nM6X4

A player truly ahead of his generation.

• 4 weeks later...

Its too bad our staff is asleep at the wheel with Teddy.  He is the best player in the state and we are treating him like he's a mid major project player.  He will play for a power 5 school (just not us) and we are gonna watch it happen.  We have missed on so many guards in the last couple of years and here is a player that we can use.

I just don't understand what Miles is doing with recruiting sometimes.  He has had plenty of time to see this guy play and to build the relationship to recruit him. 

Its too bad our staff is asleep at the wheel with Teddy.  He is the best player in the state and we are treating him like he's a mid major project player.  He will play for a power 5 school (just not us) and we are gonna watch it happen.  We have missed on so many guards in the last couple of years and here is a player that we can use.

I just don't understand what Miles is doing with recruiting sometimes.  He has had plenty of time to see this guy play and to build the relationship to recruit him. 

I'd be willing to bet Teddy ends up being a guy that transfer after 1-2 years or is a career back up.  Nothing necessarily concrete but based on the little I've heard and just following recruiting like crazy over the years thats what I think happens.  A guy that has had issues off the court and in the classroom regardless of if its all in the past is a red flag.  The fact he should be in college right now instead of HS also raises a red flag for me because he didnt gain any of these offers until this summer where he was 1-3 years older than any of the other kids he was playing against which you would hope happens when youre playing younger guys.  Finally though its not a huge deal, he hasnt played any talent during his years at Boys Town which hinders his talent development heading into college.

I could be completely wrong and for the kids sake I hope thats the case but this one to me leans the other way based on similar cases.

• 3 weeks later...