2019 JUCO SF Teddy Allen - WNCC - Signed

Not sure that's really fair. Teddy had a rough childhood but wasn't really perceived as a bad character guy, as far as I know. Didn't fit with what Miles was looking for, I probably wouldn't read much more into it than that.

As someone who knows dudes who played with and against him, definitely wouldn’t call him a high character guy and I’ll stand by that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Pretty impressive, looks like he has missed some games though..  Wonder what that is about?

He received two technical fouls in two different games, and was therefore DQ’d from both games. I believe he has to sit out a certain amount of games (not sure how many) because of that, according to juco hoops rules.

8 hours ago, millerhusker said:

He received two technical fouls in two different games, and was therefore DQ’d from both games. I believe he has to sit out a certain amount of games (not sure how many) becaus

e of that, according to juco hoops rules.

Getting ready for that NBA career where you can say anything.

Edited by Silverbacked1

9 hours ago, colhusker said:

Maybe he created the phantom high five that Mack got T'ed up for last night.

After seeing the footage, I'm still at a loss what made that a technical. Maybe a good scolding would have sufficed, Mr. Ref. I do know that refs have noticed all of Cam's antics, so he appears to be on a 'short leash' so to speak. So, bungling matters more, the last 53 seconds of the NU-Wazzu ballgame Cam Mack played while being fouled out after that! 😑

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

After seeing the footage, I'm still at a loss what made that a technical. Maybe a good scolding would have sufficed, Mr. Ref. I do know that refs have noticed all of Cam's antics, so he appears to be on a 'short leash' so to speak. So, bungling matters more, the last 53 seconds of the NU-Wazzu ballgame Cam Mack played while being fouled out after that! 😑

I listened to most of the game, but only saw the technical snippet.  I am still of the belief that this sole incident wasn't the reason for the technical.  Rather I am betting that Cam was on the edge for other real/perceived transgressions, and this rather insignificant transgression was the straw that broke the camels back.  That is the only reasonable explanation in my humble mind.

14 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

An even bigger 'Bungle' would be if we had to forfeit the game because he still played! 

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

The situation occurred during a free throw, which he missed the 2nd so the clock kept running during the final 53 sec. It's not on NU to pull him out, and the refs basically had no other recourse other than let it "play out."

The T fouled him out. You go shoot the T and then the second free throw is shot with the lane cleared. Made or missed dead ball after the shot and your disqualified player goes to the bench. Made FT goes to the defensive team and I believe on a miss you go to the possession arrow. Regardless, there are rules in place for such an occurrence. The biggest culprit in this situation was the guys at the scorers table that are supposed to keep track of that stuff. 

8 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

The T fouled him out. You go shoot the T and then the second free throw is shot with the lane cleared. Made or missed dead ball after the shot and your disqualified player goes to the bench. Made FT goes to the defensive team and I believe on a miss you go to the possession arrow. Regardless, there are rules in place for such an occurrence. The biggest culprit in this situation was the guys at the scorers table that are supposed to keep track of that stuff. 

Except that's not what happened, which was the point I was trying to make. The 'no recourse' factored into account the refs' incompetence. 😉