2019 JUCO SF Teddy Allen - WNCC - Signed

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

I do not understand this one... Makes me think he couldn't handle Huggins' heat. 

In my personal contact with Huggins he treats everyone around him with contempt and acts if he is always the smartest man in the room. Cinncinati was put on probation under his direction and his players don't usually graduate. I do not believe he is good for the game.

30 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

In my personal contact with Huggins he treats everyone around him with contempt and acts if he is always the smartest man in the room. Cinncinati was put on probation under his direction and his players don't usually graduate. I do not believe he is good for the game.

That, and his teeth are terrible.

They look like Corn Nuts.

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

Huggy Bear came up for a coaches clinic when he was at K-State and I found him pretty darn likable. I had always found him repulsive before that, but view him as more of a character now. That doesn't address how he runs his program, but I'd prefer to hoist a flagon with him than some other big-name coaches I've been in the same room with. 

Edited by Chuck Taylor

12 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Huggy Bear came up for a coaches clinic when he was at K-State and I found him pretty darn likable. I had always found him repulsive before that, but view him as more of a character now. That doesn't address how he runs his program, but I'd prefer to hoist a flagon with him than some other big-name coaches I've been in the same room with. 

Rumor when he was in Manhattan was that he hoisted more than his share of flagons.

He didn't appear overly sober when I met him (tailgating for a football game).

8 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

whats your take on the situation??  His choice to leave or coaches force him out??  He interested in coming back to Nebraska??

I don't believe he was forced out. I do believe he'd be open to hearing from both the high-major schools in Nebraska (but not UNO). 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2017 SF Teddy Allen -> WVU -> Wichita St
  • 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I guess we see why Nebraska did not recruit him

Not sure that's really fair. Teddy had a rough childhood but wasn't really perceived as a bad character guy, as far as I know. Didn't fit with what Miles was looking for, I probably wouldn't read much more into it than that.