2019 JUCO SF Teddy Allen - WNCC - Signed

and especially the Huskers for forty-two long, long years now. And I state unequivocally that should NU not move Heaven and earth to get Teddy Allen then something is deeply wrong. I haven't seen anyone more deadly. I saw Woolridge, Strickland, Alvin Mitchell, and the phenom. Jerry Johnson who started on the wing at KU in Larry Brown's last season. He is every bit as good as all of them, and none of them the possess the type of scoring aptitude he has.

If he "behaves" at his next school he will be in the NBA in two years. Someone recently said his game is like Adrian Dantley's. I completely agree. He understands where he should be on the court and uses his bulk and strength to great effect. Gifts one can't teach, and his court awareness and basketball understanding is first-class. Here's hoping Hoiberg and Abdelmassih reach out and employ Jervay Green to host. Guys like him don't show up in one's backyard too often.

3 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

If he "behaves" at his next school 

Haven't heard anything specific, but have seen multiple comments (not just on here) about this and that wouldn't surprise me why there might be a few teams with cold feet.  However, if he does well both on and off the court this year, I hope that he will be a Husker in the near future.

Agreed, hsker4life. It might be "the" issue but I think Hoiberg has the acumen to navigate through the possible pitfalls. Kids with big egos present different challenges but can be worth the investment. They (stars) also need to know how wanted they are. With that said I hope the rumors are true that the staff has already reached out to him. We don't want punks like Kansas oozing in.... Hoiberg has had to manage Derrick Rose so he understands how to work with egoists with world-class talent. Trust me, Teddy Buckets is headed to league regardless the college he chooses next. He might as well be mentored by one of the best minds/shooters in the game.

If Teddy Allen gets another chance and takes advantage of it, it'll be one heckuva story. He ended up at Boys Town, which almost always means there was some sort of significant trauma growing up. That can affect someone in a lot of different ways. I'd imagine there would have to be a pretty rigid plan in place for him if he were to come here. He's got talent, for sure.

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

Is there anything stopping a JUCO player from entering the draft? I definitely don’t have the eye to say if Teddy is good enough for the NBA necessarily, just curious if it is an option for people in his situation.

I don't believe so, no.

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

Is there anything stopping a JUCO player from entering the draft? I definitely don’t have the eye to say if Teddy is good enough for the NBA necessarily, just curious if it is an option for people in his situation.

You just have to be a year removed from playing high school

Fred did have success at ISU with Royce White, who had a troubled past. It's worth noting, however, that Teddy couldn't stick with Bob Huggins (loose ship) or Gregg Marshall (tight ship). Also some issues at Boys Town.

I trust Fred to make the right call here, but there are enough warning signs that we'd be shaking our collective heads if it was somebody else reported looking at him. If we haven't offered, it's not because he can't play here, it's because the staff hasn't seen enough evidence that he won't be an issue.

Obviously like this kid a lot, and feel his skills would be a massive addition to our team. Character wise.... well.... the flags are there, and they're kinda loud. 

But hey - lot of great teams had some guys who coulda gone either way. All depends on what the general make-up is of your team and if you can withstand it. It's clear Cam Mack has struggled thus far with following some rules, and that can cause a lot of stress to a team and ruin your team chemistry. But it all depends on what is expected and accepted.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Teddy Allen as a person. So it's probably all about fit at this point.