2019 JUCO SF Teddy Allen - WNCC - Signed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched him play DC West tonight. He has game for sure, but he looked disinterested too often. Maybe he's the type who turns it off and on. He tended to have quite the attitude when things didn't go his way. If we didn't pursue him hard, I understand why based on tonight's observations. Oh, and he didn't start either half. Not sure if it was discipline-related or not.

• 1 month later...

Really glad he is not heading to Nebraska.   I was at the Centenial conference final tonight ( Boys Town Vs Bishop Neumann ).   BN beat them by around 40 about a month ago.  The game tonight was a pretty good game most of the way.   Bishop always had the lead, but BT kept it under 10. The lead started to grow in the 4th and then Teddy got called for a foul as a BN player hit a layup.   Teddy had had enough and told the ref that he f'ing sucked ( I could hear it from 15 rows up ) .  The ref didn't hear it, so Teddy told him again...the ref heard this time and T'd him.  Teddy went to his bench , but decided he wasn't done.  He walked over to the scorers table where two refs were and either said something and or clapped at them.  He was thrown out of the game at that point.

Teddy clearly is very talented for a Nebraska HS player.  Not sure how his game translates at the next level.  That's the least of his problems, given the above prargraph.  I could describe a few more situations as I've seen him play twice this season.  When a person is willing to be a bad butt in front of everyone, that's usually not a good sign.  

3 hours ago, lang said:

Really glad he is not heading to Nebraska.   I was at the Centenial conference final tonight ( Boys Town Vs Bishop Neumann ).   BN beat them by around 40 about a month ago.  The game tonight was a pretty good game most of the way.   Bishop always had the lead, but BT kept it under 10. The lead started to grow in the 4th and then Teddy got called for a foul as a BN player hit a layup.   Teddy had had enough and told the ref that he f'ing sucked ( I could hear it from 15 rows up ) .  The ref didn't hear it, so Teddy told him again...the ref heard this time and T'd him.  Teddy went to his bench , but decided he wasn't done.  He walked over to the scorers table where two refs were and either said something and or clapped at them.  He was thrown out of the game at that point.

Teddy clearly is very talented for a Nebraska HS player.  Not sure how his game translates at the next level.  That's the least of his problems, given the above prargraph.  I could describe a few more situations as I've seen him play twice this season.  When a person is willing to be a bad butt in front of everyone, that's usually not a good sign.  

We don't know this kids situation, I'm guessing he didn't have a lot of luxuries a lot of us had growing up. Kid is a hell of a basketball player and I hope he balls out at WV. 

23 hours ago, lang said:

I heard he just lost his mom. Could that be part of the problem?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...