2019 JUCO SF Teddy Allen - WNCC - Signed

We should offer

Young man has an offer from Iowa State and Cincinnati. Are we better than those programs?

However, I also never look at scholarship distribution charts so I have no idea if we have room. But we also lose a hundred guys a year so I never worry about it.

Well with taking Turner...it complicates things.   We're likely going to have to pass up a pretty good guard/wing because we took him

We need to not only offer him but get him and show the talented kids around Nebraska that if you are good, you will get a shot with the Huskers. That will help with recruiting but also with bringing up the level of high school basketball in Nebraska.

Deverell Biggs was supposed to do that. Arop and Chang have proven the offer is there early if you're good enough. Other than that you don't just offer a guy to show Nebraska kids anything. They should be smart enough to know if they work hard and can produce on the court an offer is very possible and that should be that.

Now for Allen it's the tough case in offering and getting a commitment from a young player like Arop. If I had the choice and no backlash id swap the two of them and still take another wing and PG for the class.

I'm pretty sure that there's an understanding that we will offer.  I've been reading a lot on Teddy since his performance in Vegas and then finding out that we offered his brother, Timmy Allen, who still lives in Arizona, back in October.  Read an article today where it is expected that West Virginia and Cincinnati will offer soon and then Cincinnati offered today.  Teddy was asked to attend the Tim Miles Elite camp this coming weekend but he declined as he'd already had a trip planned back home to Arizona.  I'm sorry I don't remember where I saw this earlier today but it was somewhere on the twitterverse.  The bottom line is we definitely know who he is and we've been talking to him for a while.  I posted a link in the Timmy Allen thread a few days ago of an article where Teddy says he's primarily been in touch with us, Creighton, Wichita St, and one other team.  Obviously the number of suitors has risen dramatically since then.

So . . . according to Robin, Teddy Allen "was kind of struggling" with his grades in Arizona and "plans on taking his first ACT in September."  There are, undoubtedly, significant recruiting issues and strategies surrounding those two points.  

Since high majors are starting to weigh-in with offers, perhaps we can assume that Teddy is getting some good news on the grades front out of summer school.

Watched him play my son's team a few times last year. Physically, he's way ahead of most high school players. He displayed good shooting range, and was an excellent passer with pretty decent handles. My question on the D1 level would be where you plug him in. I am not sure he's got enough foot speed to be a two guard. His natural position, IMO, looks to be at the 3. That said, he's an intriguing prospect. 

seems to be similar to jeriah horne with his size and skill set.

i know we needed anther guard, but i'd much rather take a teddy allen than let evan taylor be our 3rd string point guard for 2 years.

Allen and Horne are 2 completely different players playing two different positions.  Horne is a PF.  Allen is a Guard.

i know we needed anther guard, but i'd much rather take a teddy allen than let evan taylor be our 3rd string point guard for 2 years.

Let's atleast let kid play some games for us before we write him off as a waste of a scholarship.

i haven't written him off, but the only reason he is on the team is because white left. Miles has even said this.

Allen and Horne are 2 completely different players playing two different positions.  Horne is a PF.  Allen is a Guard.

rivals has both players listed at 6'6 220 pounds. they both can shoot the 3 and play inside. i wouldn't say they are completely different players.

Let's atleast let kid play some games for us before we write him off as a waste of a scholarship.

i haven't written him off, but the only reason he is on the team is because white left. Miles has even said this.
From what I read, Miles said ET was on their radar before AW3 announced his decision to transfer.

From what I read, Miles said ET was on their radar before AW3 announced his decision to transfer.

yes, but miles said we pulled the trigger after white left. and given that miles likes to leave a scholarship open, i doubt we would have signed him if white had not left.

Is it really that uncommon for high schoolers to not take the ACT until early fall of their senior year? Most kids won't start sending in applications until December - plenty of time for those test scores to come back.

I would imagine any academic issues he was experiencing have been/will be straightened out by the stalwart staff at Boys Town. That could be why he's there in the first place - and why high majors aren't being shy with their offers.

This was posted on Nebraska HS Hoops twitter today:  It's official and approved by all parties that Boys Town's Teddy Allen will be at Boys Town and playing in the 2016/17 season.

I'm not entirely sure what the hardship was but I assume he missed a school year entirely or went for a very brief period.  He was a Sophomore in Arizona for the 2013-14 year and then a Junior at Boys Town for 2015-16.  So, I assume there was a question if he still had eligibility to compete at the High School level.

I know he has a June birthday so the question is did he start school young and is now 18 going to be a Senior.  Or did he start late and is now 19 about to be a Senior.  Not sure if it's relevant to our recruitment but I know Miles likes a lack of leg hair and this kid appears to be a full grown man from what I've seen.

On the radar does not equal a take