Zay Roby out 6-8 weeks

Added 20 lbs as well so at 225# f052f62c1017ca25bf8253dcfc056d9e.jpg2121ee7ccdee66f313fca90751de8a69.jpg

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Said it before and I'll say it again..our strength staff is one of the best in the business. 

I remember when we first saw pictures when he first showed up on our radar and he looked like he was 8 years old.  

AIN'T NO MO.  That is a well put together man now.

Added 20 lbs as well so at 225#

Said it before and I'll say it again..our strength staff is one of the best in the business. 

I remember when we first saw pictures when he first showed up on our radar and he looked like he was 8 years old.  

AIN'T NO MO.  That is a well put together man now.

He still has room to grow some hair on those legs though!

All along, isaiah has constantly reminded me of CU redshirt sophomore Ronnie Harrell, mainly because of their size and the makeup of their game. Roby added way more muscle in one summer than Ronnie Harrell has in his two years on CU's campus. I'm excited to see him take the court.

He's always been a program changer i wouldn't expect anything different

All along, isaiah has constantly reminded me of CU redshirt sophomore Ronnie Harrell, mainly because of their size and the makeup of their game. Roby added way more muscle in one summer than Ronnie Harrell has in his two years on CU's campus. I'm excited to see him take the court.

I hope that you can take my opinion as unbiased, as I have been a fan of Coach McDermott's for quite some time (pre CU days), and I've been to a lot of CU's practices in the past couple years.... But I think Zay has a much higher ceiling than Harrell. RH is a very nice player, but he's a great role player that is a second or third option guy. Zay has the potential to be "the guy" for a team. Again, just my opinion - not trying to knock Ronnie AT ALL. Just think Zay is a hidden treasure that could be a team's number one option. But I certainly understand your comparison.

I hope that you can take my opinion as unbiased, as I have been a fan of Coach McDermott's for quite some time (pre CU days), and I've been to a lot of CU's practices in the past couple years.... But I think Zay has a much higher ceiling than Harrell. RH is a very nice player, but he's a great role player that is a second or third option guy. Zay has the potential to be "the guy" for a team. Again, just my opinion - not trying to knock Ronnie AT ALL. Just think Zay is a hidden treasure that could be a team's number one option. But I certainly understand your comparison.

Its not so much an issue of talent. Just based off how little his body has improved, plus rumors that he doesn't work on his game off the court, doesn't seem like he's ready for a bigger role. We will see where he's at at the end of the season, but I'm not holding my breath. Roby should be a much better player

• 3 weeks later...

I knew there would be a price to a 100 win Cub season....

I think that price is yet to be paid.  I'm thinking another crushing Bartman-esque event in the NLCS.  Game 7, bottom of the 9th type of deal.

;)

I thought of that the second I typed it.   50+ years as a Husker basketball/Cubs fan has me conditioned for it...

The thing that worries me the most is the word "chronic."  It seems like our players never just break a bone, sit out a couple months, and then come back 100%.  There's always some kind of extenuating circumstance that limits their abilities forever after. 

We're snake bit!  Cursed!  The sky is falling!  Our next POTUS is either Hillary or the Donald!

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system...GBR.

The thing that worries me the most is the word "chronic."  It seems like our players never just break a bone, sit out a couple months, and then come back 100%.  There's always some kind of extenuating circumstance that limits their abilities forever after. 

We're snake bit!  Cursed!  The sky is falling!  Our next POTUS is either Hillary or the Donald!

I blame Yori.