More bad news!?

Ich like it. Its Put up or shut up time for Miles. Those Extensions just for the sake of not being 'negative recruited' against never made sende to me. Throw in some bs by the coaches agents and at the end of the day your school just pays huge buyouts. Tim has plenty of time on his contract and is handsomely paid. Time to produce.

Sorry for the rant guys :-)

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/no-contract-extension-for-tim-miles-shawn-eichorst-optimistic-about/article_cc04a41e-5a89-11e6-9c39-c751a2b50988.html

Made me go hmm, especially the timing of it.  Why make an announcement about it whatsoever?  I personally see this as a negative. 

At least Eichorst explained his actions - or inactions.  I'm OK with it.  But yes, some opposing coach out there is going to use it as a negative recruiting tool against NU.

They will use it likely...just as much as they will use Miles record at NU, and the instability within the program.  I don't have any issue with the decision...Miles still has 4 years left on the contract.  The last two years have not warranted an increase. 

I've read this kind of sentiment on this and other boards and I find it interesting that some people will discount the NCAA tourney appearance in Miles' 2nd year as being really nothing more than a 9-game hot streak yet not apply the same kind of one-off reasoning to the performance the following year.

In other words, the argument goes: it was a hot streak and not coaching that got us into the dance; yet it was a lack of coaching (or bad coaching) and not insurmountable chemistry issues between a couple of our top players that lead to a disappointing season the following year.

I'm not saying Miles is blameless in looking at his record over the last 2 years, but I think some of the criticism directed at him by some posters here and elsewhere is a little over the top.  I think a reasonable argument can be made that Miles deserves a good bit of the credit for getting us back to the dance -- in year 2 no less -- for the first time in 16 years (three other head coaches in that timeframe didn't get the job done) and that he's not entirely to blame for what happened the season after that. 

When you factor in what we've seen in recruiting and the assistants he's been able to land, on top of an NCAA tourney birth within his first 4 seasons, I'm frankly amazed that he doesn't seem to have any greater goodwill established with some of the fans than what he has. 

It's hard to accept mediocrity when you have the absolute model of sustained excellence and consistency just down the road, Norm.  They're probably poised for yet another deep tourney run and conference title again this year!

We all know Nebraska volleyball is looking to repeat, 9er! Back-to-back Nebralleyball!!

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/no-contract-extension-for-tim-miles-shawn-eichorst-optimistic-about/article_cc04a41e-5a89-11e6-9c39-c751a2b50988.html

Made me go hmm, especially the timing of it.  Why make an announcement about it whatsoever?  I personally see this as a negative. 

At least Eichorst explained his actions - or inactions.  I'm OK with it.  But yes, some opposing coach out there is going to use it as a negative recruiting tool against NU.

They will use it likely...just as much as they will use Miles record at NU, and the instability within the program.  I don't have any issue with the decision...Miles still has 4 years left on the contract.  The last two years have not warranted an increase. 

I've read this kind of sentiment on this and other boards and I find it interesting that some people will discount the NCAA tourney appearance in Miles' 2nd year as being really nothing more than a 9-game hot streak yet not apply the same kind of one-off reasoning to the performance the following year.

In other words, the argument goes: it was a hot streak and not coaching that got us into the dance; yet it was a lack of coaching (or bad coaching) and not insurmountable chemistry issues between a couple of our top players that lead to a disappointing season the following year.

I'm not saying Miles is blameless in looking at his record over the last 2 years, but I think some of the criticism directed at him by some posters here and elsewhere is a little over the top.  I think a reasonable argument can be made that Miles deserves a good bit of the credit for getting us back to the dance -- in year 2 no less -- for the first time in 16 years (three other head coaches in that timeframe didn't get the job done) and that he's not entirely to blame for what happened the season after that. 

When you factor in what we've seen in recruiting and the assistants he's been able to land, on top of an NCAA tourney birth within his first 4 seasons, I'm frankly amazed that he doesn't seem to have any greater goodwill established with some of the fans than what he has. 

I didn't mention the tournament appearance anywhere in my reply.  Nor do I think Miles shouldn't get credit for year two...he should.  Simply saying...if a coach is going to negatively recruit against us...they are going to find a way.  He will bring up the past two years/transfers/coaching departures etc...in the end, not extending Miles by 1 year is not going to have a major impact in recruiting IMO.  I've seen it argued that Miles main issue is that he won too soon.  I have trouble wrapping my head around that one.   

It's hard to accept mediocrity when you have the absolute model of sustained excellence and consistency just down the road, Norm. They're probably poised for yet another deep tourney run and conference title again this year!

Another? Don't believe they've made it past the first weekend.

It's hard to accept mediocrity when you have the absolute model of sustained excellence and consistency just down the road, Norm. They're probably poised for yet another deep tourney run and conference title again this year!

t96oee4doe8n2oxaft7f.gif

Who did you think I was talking about?  Creighton????

BWAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!  LOL.

t96oee4doe8n2oxaft7f.gif

Who did you think I was talking about? Creighton????

BWAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL.

Now that makes a lot more sense.

It's hard to accept mediocrity when you have the absolute model of sustained excellence and consistency just down the road, Norm.  They're probably poised for yet another deep tourney run and conference title again this year!

Is Kearney suppose to be that good again?

Yes, and Midland University is going to be even better!

• 3 weeks later...

Contract status for B1G Coaches

Maryland - Turgeon - 2018-19 Original 8 year contract

Ohio St - Motta - 2018-19 - Last renewed 2013

Illinois - Groce - 2018-19 - Last renewed: 2014

Iowa - McCaffery - 2019-20 - Last renewed: 2014

Nebraska - Miles - 2019-20 - Last renewed: 2015

Penn St - Chambers - 2019-20 - Last renewed: 2015

N'Western - Collins - 2019-20 - Last renewed: 2015

Indiana - Crean - 2020-21 - Last renewed: 2012

Mich - Beliein - 2020-21 - Last renewed: 2015

Minny - Pitino - 2020-21 - Last renewed 2015

Mich St - Izzo - 2020-21 - Last renewed 2015

WISC - Gard - 2020-21 - Original 5 year contract

Rutgers - Pikiell - 2020-21 - Original 5 year contract

Purdue - Painter - 2021-22 - Last renewed 2016

If I have mistakenly put down a + or - year, please let me know as it's possible I goofed on a year when an article told me a year instead of a range

The problem with Lee's article is the premise that we aren't following some sort of Power 5 conference un-written rule because in my deep dive through all of this the "rubber-stamp-one-more-year" every year isn't some hard fast rule.

Okay, dimes, so how did you know about this so far in advance???