Class of 2017 summer recruiting

hhcmatt

This has some pretty good insight into the world of recruiting these days. One big takeaway: The system, along with the definition of "cheating," has changed. With so much money sloshing around in college sports, it's going to find its way into somebody's hands. And at least as far as basketball is concerned, we'd be better off with Nike or UA.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/candid-coaches-college-basketball-recruiting-isnt-getting-any-cleaner/

Well it sounds like Nebraska is forcing his hand according to the newest update by Robin.

"Forcing his hand"? Does that mean Nebraska is forcing him to decommit or something else?

If Nebraska wants him to attend basically another year of HS and he doesn't want to do that he will force himself to decommit and go somewhere he can attend next year. That's what I mean by forcing his hand to decide what route he wants to go. Because even if he attends a prep school it's no guarantee he gets the offer the next time around.

Where there was smoke is now fire

I hope people don't misinterpret this as miles pulling his scholarship. miles simply gave aguek an honest evaluation, and i don't think aguek liked it. aguek is better suited at a lower d1 school where he can get a chance to play.

as nice as it would be to have local kids on the team, i would rather have top 150 guys.

I hope people don't misinterpret this as miles pulling his scholarship. miles simply gave aguek an honest evaluation, and i don't think aguek liked it. aguek is better suited at a lower d1 school where he can get a chance to play.

as nice as it would be to have local kids on the team, i would rather have top 150 guys.

edited - This is not that far away from pulling a scholarship

Make no mistake about it ---- this is absolutely a case of Miles pulling a scholarship.

What is your guys's ideal players for us to land for 2017?? For me I would love a class of Arop, Sims, Flagg/Nana Akenten, and Batts.

Or Arop, Sims, Teddy Allen, and Nana

Arop is already on board. Flagg is my first choice after that. I also like Wabissa Bede and then Sims and the Allens.
Not so sure he will be here next yr

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Arop that is

Is Aguek the one looking elsewhere? .... or are the Huskers moving on?

Huskers but like i said not guaranteed

This "news" is likely two weeks old. Why are some so surprised that the two parties are parting? Arop was barely a SOPH when he committed. A lot happens in 2+ years. Whether the kid wanted to go to prep school or not, he's not likely to end up in Lincoln when it's all said & done. Time to move on to other targets, big ones hopefully.

Let's be real...this is likely Miles saying Aguek is not worthy of a scholarship. He may have not developed in the past few years who knows. . He's essentially pulling a local kids scholarship from what I hear. But, it may be for the best for the program. I don't think think offensively Arop is a high major prospect at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how this got started, but NU is not pulling its offer to Arop.

Ouch.

Chuck Taylor is still correct, according to Robin Washut.

Matter of semantics, I'd asked someone about the scholarship being pulled and was told no. I'll admit to being wrong.

I had planned to use my board cred as collateral on a new car, guess I'll be sticking with my '98 Buick.  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...