Class of 2017 summer recruiting

hhcmatt

I think everyone would agree it'd be nice to follow the last two classes of recruits with another that includes some Rivals 150 members and even some Rivals 4-stars.  We've been stuck at 1 commit for the 2017 class for, oh, about 2 years now.  And the last two disappointing seasons have not given a boost to recruiting.

So, credit to Miles & Co. for getting in there, doing their homework, studying some film, and figuring out some guys to go after.  We've made some offers to some guys who've really shown well this summer. 

It will be better if we get some visits scheduled, as that would be the next step toward getting some commits. 

But, just finding the guys who are going to blow up and getting in at the ground level, before they blow up like a hot stock pick, is a good sign.  Doesn't mean we'll land any of these guys but it sure is better than not being in on any good players at all.

I just want to give some credit where it's due and the coaches have certainly been busy if their recent offers are any indication.

Looking at the offers that have been given out I'm surprised we aren't pursuing more Centers. I was just looking at the roster and aside from Jordy we don't have a player that weighs more than 225. Would like to get another big body to back up Jordy.

Looking at the offers that have been given out I'm surprised we aren't pursuing more Centers. I was just looking at the roster and aside from Jordy we don't have a player that weighs more than 225. Would like to get another big body to back up Jordy.

On another thread, it says we're in Isiah Jasey's final 9.  He's sites have him at 6'9 and 220.  He's listed as a Center.  But only ESPN currently has him as a 4-star -- Scout has downgraded him to 3 -- and he appears to have dropped out of Rivals 150 altogether.  Must have had a rough junior campaign.

On another thread, it says we're in Isiah Jasey's final 9. He's sites have him at 6'9 and 220. He's listed as a Center. But only ESPN currently has him as a 4-star -- Scout has downgraded him to 3 -- and he appears to have dropped out of Rivals 150 altogether. Must have had a rough junior campaign.
Seems to be similiar height and weight of Morrow, Jacobson, and Horne. I had a bigger bodied recruit in mind. Preferably north of 240. That being said he seems to be a decent talent at the very least and maybe his frame will allow him to add on weight easily.