Ranking of every players chance of starting the opener.

khoock

Listed below is a ranking of the likelihood each player has of starting Game 1 of the 16-17 season. The list will be most likely to start down to least likely to start. I decided to do this bc I honestly think we have 9 players that we could possibly see in the starting lineup next year.

#1 Glynn Watson: I will be completely shocked if Watson is not our starting PG next season. He has good play making ability as both a passer and scorer and doesn't turn the ball over much. I really expect him to make a big jump this season.

#2 Michael Jacobson: He has a really good chance to start at the 5. If Jordy is ready by our first game then Jacobson also has a really good shot at starting at the 4. Whether it's the 4 or 5 it seems likely he will be on the court for tip off.

#3 Anton Gill: The two gaurd spot likely comes down to him or Webster. I'm buying into the hype that Anton will follow the footsteps of TP and AW3. He is said to be a versatile scorer and ultra athletic. Can't wait to see him on the court.

#4 Tai Webster: I personally have Tai as the sixth man (potential 6th man of the year imo). However, Tai could very well lead the team in scoring and be our best defender along with being one of the team leaders in rebounding and assists. With that much contribution it would be foolish to dismiss his chances of starting based on what I see his role being. If he can shore up the TO's and be aggressive more often he could have a huge season.

#5 Edward Morrow: A healthy Morrow equals one bad dude. I expect to see multiple double doubles and a handful of block parties by Ed. If Jacobson starts at the 5 than I think Ed is a lock for the 4 spot.

#6 Isaiah Roby: With AW3 leaving, a huge opportunity opened up for Roby. Not only are a lot more minutes available but the chance to start from day one is a lot more likely. If he isn't starting the opener, he will be starting by season's end.

#7 Jack McVeigh: Jack played well in his four game stretch as a starter and then kind of disappeared. More minutes will be available this season whether he is a starter or not. I personally like him as a shooter off the bench for two reasons. The first being that I think Roby is going to be really good and the second being, I am not super comfortable having to rely on a bench full of freshmen (aside from Tai).

#8 Jordy Tshimanga: With his size and length he will be a defensive force immediately. Miles has started bigger centers but played them smaller minutes before so it is not inconceivable that Jordy starts whether he is ready to log major minutes or not. But I'm always a little cautious with freshmen centers.

#9 Jeriah Horne: proclaimed "dark horse" of the season. Seems like an undersized, do it all PF. He is beefy and can rebound. He has a solid 3 pt shot and a nice touch around the rim. He will definitely get minutes and if he surprises us as much as some think he definitely could be a starter. I cannot help but think of last year when it was announced Jacobson would be starting his first game. This is the end of the 9 possible starters I mentioned above, but the list goes on.

#10 Evan Taylor: I decided to go with ET bc of the position he plays. Gaurd depth is a little thinner than the wing and post. Also, Miles has shown he is willing to play pass first, defensive orientated gaurds over more talented options (see Benny Parker over Watson amd Webster).

#11 Nick Fuller: Fuller is stuck behind a lot of depth. I see no way he is a season opener starter. If he somehow regains his shooting touch he had in high school maybe he could crack the lineup during the season if others are struggling.

#12 Malcolm Laws: 0% chance. That's all I got here.

Hope you all enjoy. Feel free to tell me how much you agree with me or how much of an idiot you think I am or anything in between. Gotta love the offseason.

There likely will be a difference in who starts game one versus who starts game 20.  I do not think that statement is a stretch.  Starting the season the starting five will look like this (in my opinion)

PG - Glynn

SG - Tai

Wing - Jack

PF - Ed

C - MJ

Eventually Jordy and Gill will make it into starting line up.  The other person who may be starting sooner rather than later is young Mr. Roby.