Shields Summer League Stats

Game 1 (July 2 v Pacers): 20MINS, 2PTS, 1-4 FG, 0-1 3PA, 2RBS, 2AST, 2TO

Anyone get to watch any of it? How did he look out there? Summer league style doesn't really suit Shields' game IMO so hopefully he can at least impress enough for a camp invite.

I watched...he tended to look to involve his teammates. He didn't attack a whole lot like he would in college. He got beat a couple of times on D. He lacks some of the foot speed and lateral quickness that some of the pro guys have. Overall, he looked alright, but didn't really stand out. He did start and played the majority of the game.

Game 1 (July 2 v Pacers): 20MINS, 2PTS, 1-4 FG, 0-1 3PA, 2RBS, 2AST, 2TO

Anyone get to watch any of it? How did he look out there? Summer league style doesn't really suit Shields' game IMO so hopefully he can at least impress enough for a camp invite.

I watched...he tended to look to involve his teammates. He didn't attack a whole lot like he would in college. He got beat a couple of times on D. He lacks some of the foot speed and lateral quickness that some of the pro guys have. Overall, he looked alright, but didn't really stand out. He did start and played the majority of the game.

The bits and pieces I watched he had trouble keeping his man in front of him 1 on 1.

I suspect you can re-watch these on WatchESPN on demand

He'd be better off using his degree than going overseas

To me, that depends on how much he could make overseas.

My take: Shavon could always go back to med school later; he can not always play hoops as a pro (wherever it may be).

Exactly. He could go to med school later, and he'd actually have the money saved up to pay for it instead of going hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt.