OK, AWIII is gone. Let's guess where he ends up.

jimmykc

Virginia seems even more defensively minded and regimented than NU, and their coach doesn't strike me as a predator. I thought about them and rejected them for that reason.

ok, but he's from virginia and they have been a top seed in the tournament the last 3 years. that was my thought process.

Virginia Tech might be more likely, even though they're really not much of a step up from us. But Buzz Williams has a good track record and he's a "predator" who would whisper in a kid's ear, if the rumors about other coaches recruiting Andrew are true.

The Hokies weren't great last year, but they have players enough players returning that they look decent on paper. AWIII would definitely increase their shot at the NCAA.

Is he going to want to go to a team that he only increases their shot? Sounds like he wants to go to a team that is a 100% guarantee. Although Karma tends to be a bitch in cases like this. Hell he might not get the same amount of playing time he got here. He might be heading back to KU levels. It will be interesting either way.

I could care less where that selfish person goes.  Yes, I am bitter he is leaving.  You get nothing but support when you are here and then stabs his teammates and coaching staff in the back.  I think Andrew White and his dad's problem is that the think he is a little better than he really is. 

I could care less where that selfish person goes. Yes, I am bitter he is leaving. You get nothing but support when you are here and then stabs his teammates and coaching staff in the back. I think Andrew White and his dad's problem is that the think he is a little better than he really is.

Something's not right. This is just as bitter of a departure as when Pitchford slammed the door shut.

While Shaka did recruit him a little in high school when he was at VCU, do the "pro advisors" really feel that Andrew playing full court defense and rotating out frequently for fresh legs is the best way to get prepared for the NBA? How many NBA players have been groomed by Smart anyway? And as I remember his offense, it seems to thrive on turnovers and slashing not on spot up three point shooting. but AWIII would get to pick up some neat cowboy boots and a ten gallon hat if that is where he ends up.

The Syracuse call makes a lot of sense to me.  He is fairly long, so he could play in that zone.  He is a good on the glass for a perimeter player, which is ideal for zone.  Syracuse likes to play a limited rotation, which is good for him, and they like to cast up threes, which is good for him.  It gets him in a league that plays more games in his hometown region.  That being said, I have no idea why I wasted a minute worrying about it or typing this up. 

This guy thinks White makes UCONN a Final4 contender?  Wow.  If he left the B1G to play in the AAC for a team that only made the NCAA last year because of a lucky buzzer beater 70 footer, he really wanted the heck out of Lincoln more than I imagined.

Lawrence Journal-World reports yesterday that AWIII says in a text that he has "no list" of possible transfer schools yet. Hmm...why bother to text then?

If he doesn't have a list, then I think the more concerning part is that seems to have requested a grad transfer authorization and made the assumption that he will quickly get swept up by an NCAA tourney-bound team.

based on what i heard, the team he is going to has been mentioned in this thread.

Is there a reason why you can't spill it?  You don't owe White anything.  That ship sailed, no?

Cause he doesn't know any more than the rest of us.  It's all just speculation at this point.  Andrew is very good about keeping things tight lipped.  Also of schools have been mentioned so it's possible he goes to 1 of them but I doubt he knows anymore than anyone else does.

based on what i heard, the team he is going to has been mentioned in this thread.

Is there a reason why you can't spill it?  You don't owe White anything.  That ship sailed, no?

Cause he doesn't know any more than the rest of us.  It's all just speculation at this point.  Andrew is very good about keeping things tight lipped.  Also of schools have been mentioned so it's possible he goes to 1 of them but I doubt he knows anymore than anyone else does.

That isn't how I read it.  It sounded like he believed he did have a good idea, that is why I asked the question.