Andrew White Transfering

Hmmm...not sure about that. Wasn't there a story about Petteway taking so many shots because he had to? Other than Shields, that was about NU's only option, at least consistently. NU doesn't/hasn't run a system that fits what Tai's skills are, so he wasn't gonna carry any of that. Pitchford was MIA. It was Petteway, Shields and hope someone had a hot hand. I think if AW3 had had a season with TP, he would have put up similar numbers to what he did last year AND opened things up more for Petteway. I think it would have benefited both to have had a year to play together. I think I reject the premise.

There's only a certain number of offensive possessions in a 40 minute game, though.

If Petteway is able to score more readily because of Andrew White being on the floor, who gets fewer shots? 

It's going to have to come from somewhere.

Does Shavon drop under double figure scoring?

Who gets fewer shots? Petteway. I don't think he would have forced things. He wouldn't have had to. Imagine if Gallegos shot at the level White did? Think how much better that would have made the team? Having more high level players wouldn't have made the team worse. Remember, Pitchford was supposed to have been on that team, too. Had he been able to keep things together and improved on his sophomore season, that should have been a high powered team. How many shots each guy was gonna get really wouldn't have been a concern.

I know talking about the past does nothing for us but man imagine if we could have rolled out this team for 15-16:

-Glynn Watson

-Terran Petteway

-Andrew White

-Shavon Shields

-Walter Pitchford (motivated, locked in)

BENCH

-Tai Webster

-Ed Morrow

-Benny Parker

-Michael Jacobson

-Jack McVeigh

-Jake Hammond

-Nick Fuller

With this, McVeigh and maybe Jacobson redshirt, but man that is really fun to think about.

With that being said, next season cannot come fast enough!

One name that may be missing from your list is Leslee Smith.  I think his contribution to the success of our NCAA run may be underappreciated.  So I'd add (a healthy) Leslee Smith.  And, while we are speculating, we might also add Jordy to the list of our 'fantasy' team.  Lots of us are expecting 'Big' ;) things from him, and that would be some line-up!  :)

I am struggling with the concept that an ex-player is getting more print then many of our current players :wacko:

That's because something definitive is going to happen here in the not near future. Also, Ryan Murphy committed so it freed up a lot of off-season head space.

One name that may be missing from your list is Leslee Smith. I think his contribution to the success of our NCAA run may be underappreciated. So I'd add (a healthy) Leslee Smith. And, while we are speculating, we might also add Jordy to the list of our 'fantasy' team. Lots of us are expecting 'Big' ;) things from him, and that would be some line-up! :)

Leslee Smith graduated the year before and Jordy hasn't gotten on campus yet. I was strictly basing the team off of this past season plus the addition of Terran and Walt had they decided to stay at NU.

A glimpse at the coveted "I'm just going to take your #3 jersey":

Syracuse: Shaun Belbey, Soph.

Miami: Anthony Lawrence Jr., Soph.

Pitt: 3    Damon Wilson, Jr.

L'ville: AVAILABLE

MSU: Ellis III, Alvin, Sr.

USC: Shaqquan Aaron, Jr.

UCONN: AVAILABLE

Texas: AVAILABLE

VCU: AVAILABLE

Stupid question...

Does anybody know that if a school has ever forbid the student-athlete from transferring to another school within the same conference for a graduate transfer waiver?  I know it frequently happens frequently for the undergrad guys, but couldn't remember any cases of it happening for graduate transfers.

I think it's a long shot, but it would really stink seeing AW3 suit-up for Sparty against us.

If you want to hear some analysis from a guy who might also be running for his life down an interstate, here is your podcast

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/btpowerhouse/2016/06/26/btpowerhouse-podcast-70--instant-andrew-white-transfer-breakdown

I didn't fully understand your comment before I actually listened to this podcast. Well the first part of it. I got winded just trying to listen to it.

47d9c92134daba9635fd92e639edbbac_400x400

I would also note they described Jacobson as a 6'9" forward.  Apparently still growing.  Good to see.