Andrew White Transfering

4 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I know some don't care....but I will be following White closely this year to see how this move works out for him.  Syracuse opened their season last night with an exhibition against Indiana University of Pennsylvania(what??)....and AWIII went 2-9(2-7 3PT), 1 reb, 3 assist, 3 TO, 8 points. 

He started and was easily outplayed by freshman Tyus Battle off the bench. I haven't read any Syracuse message boards, but I imagine it goes something like "Why is this guy starting over Tyus Battle?"

I imagine that won't be the case for long. 

21 minutes ago, BjoeHusker said:

Syracuse defeated Colgate 83-55 last night in the regular season opener.  Andrew White III had 17 points, 5 boards, 1 steal, 1 assist and 1 turnover in 29 minutes.  He was 7-12 on field goals, 2-7 behind the arc and 1-2 at the free throw line.

For as unlikeable as AW3 became....he'd help us and we'd be real darn tough.  We may be real darn tough anyways but he only makes us better.   Pisses me off thinking about it

8 hours ago, nustudent said:

For as unlikeable as AW3 became....he'd help us and we'd be real darn tough.  We may be real darn tough anyways but he only makes us better.   Pisses me off thinking about it

Yeah.  Agreed.

His maturity will be missed.

I doubt that he'll accomplish his goals at Syracuse any better than he would have at Nebraska.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Hoops_Legend said:

What would our record be?

i know it's hard to discuss, but what if?

1 loss?

Would it be too much to ask for you to just have a topic called "Things need to change" and just roll with that?

You're getting a lot of guff simply because your topic starting to posting ratio is completely out of wack.

White's definitely going to be the difference for this squad this season. I agree with student: I think only UCLA beats us with him, and that game becomes really close.

But he's gone. And at least the kids that are here want to be here,and they get along better. That probably means zero to fans, but it's a good thing for the players and staff.

White's never going NBA--not with his ridiculous skill limitations--so you'll get the last laugh.