Andrew White Transfering

The outgoing White has 25 career assists and 72 career turnovers in 1248 total minutes played.

Yes, that is about 1 assist for every 50 minutes of game action.

The other White has 52 assists and 35 turnovers in 674 minutes played.

It was painful at times watching him try to dribble and run up the court.

tumblr_mblnjt8zLR1rgrfiko3_250.gif

Post of the Week!

The outgoing White has 25 career assists and 72 career turnovers in 1248 total minutes played.

Yes, that is about 1 assist for every 50 minutes of game action.

The other White has 52 assists and 35 turnovers in 674 minutes played.

It was painful at times watching him try to dribble and run up the court.

tumblr_mblnjt8zLR1rgrfiko3_250.gif

STANLEY!

• 1 month later...

Not that I really want to open up old wounds, but...

How Andrew White chose Syracuse from 55 schools (calls from Rio, Izzo, Gbinije) - Syracuse.com

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/09/inside_how_andrew_white_chose_syracuse_basketball_over_55_schools_rio_phone_call.html#incart_river_index

Syracuse, N.Y. — When he decided to transfer from Nebraska, Andrew White thought he might receive interest from a few schools. Only a few.

He heard from 55. The number left him stunned. The recruiting onslaught was overwhelming. Fifty-five schools.

Syracuse and Jim Boeheim outlasted them all.

--click the link above for the full article--

Not that I really want to open up old wounds, but...

How Andrew White chose Syracuse from 55 schools (calls from Rio, Izzo, Gbinije) - Syracuse.com

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/09/inside_how_andrew_white_chose_syracuse_basketball_over_55_schools_rio_phone_call.html#incart_river_index

Syracuse, N.Y. — When he decided to transfer from Nebraska, Andrew White thought he might receive interest from a few schools. Only a few.

He heard from 55. The number left him stunned. The recruiting onslaught was overwhelming. Fifty-five schools.

Syracuse and Jim Boeheim outlasted them all.

--click the link above for the full article--

I also received 55 calls over the summer, but 50 of them were from telemarketers. I wonder if his dad counted those.

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/AndrewWhite03/status/783098412652695552

Maybe AW3 had an ill advised first four years!

But he thinks he has finally figured it out.

Perhaps he thinks: because I can play zone, dad got smarter, this time it is going to happen...(like when you buy your third lottery ticket).

Oopps! I was wrong...it is because he knows how to box!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/10/syracuse_basketballs_andrew_white_stepped_into_the_boxing_ring_to_prepare_for_se.html

A real team player who wants to make transitions go well and do his best for the team . . . not:

"I knew the players at the schools I was looking at were all working out at their schools,'' White said. "I knew when I got to school there would be a transition in terms of the strength and conditioning program. I wanted to be in good shape, but I wanted to be fresh so instead of lifting weights, I used boxing for all my strength and conditioning."

FYI. A Syracuse fan attended practice on Friday and offers the following individual analysis:

Andrew White- this guy is all business. He should show up to practice and games in a suit and tie and a briefcase. Never cracks a smile, but was vocal on defense and works hard in all the drills and 5 on 5. The thing that stood out to me (again, small sample size) is that when he can just simply catch and shoot...wow! He is lethal and doesn't need much time or space to get his 3pt shot off. However, when he has to put it on the floor he seemed uncomfortable. He isn't real fluid and doesn't seem to want to attack the hoop, rather pull up for jumpers off one or two dribbles. Defensively, I was reminded of the NFL draft analysts that talk about whether or not a DB has "fluid hips" that allow change directions quickly. White seems to lack this ability on defense, and was easily beaten off the dribble when they were working on their full court press. However, this didn't seem to be as much of an issue in the half court, and I think he'll do just fine no matter if he's on the top or bottom of the zone. Regardless, he is gonna be a major factor in spacing the floor on offense this year.

FYI. A Syracuse fan attended practice on Friday and offers the following individual analysis:

Andrew White- this guy is all business. He should show up to practice and games in a suit and tie and a briefcase. Never cracks a smile, but was vocal on defense and works hard in all the drills and 5 on 5. The thing that stood out to me (again, small sample size) is that when he can just simply catch and shoot...wow! He is lethal and doesn't need much time or space to get his 3pt shot off. However, when he has to put it on the floor he seemed uncomfortable. He isn't real fluid and doesn't seem to want to attack the hoop, rather pull up for jumpers off one or two dribbles. Defensively, I was reminded of the NFL draft analysts that talk about whether or not a DB has "fluid hips" that allow change directions quickly. White seems to lack this ability on defense, and was easily beaten off the dribble when they were working on their full court press. However, this didn't seem to be as much of an issue in the half court, and I think he'll do just fine no matter if he's on the top or bottom of the zone. Regardless, he is gonna be a major factor in spacing the floor on offense this year.

That seems about right....lights out shooter who can't beat you off the dribble nor defend.

I sure hope for his sake he's working on one of them.

That seems about right....lights out shooter who can't beat you off the dribble nor defend.

I sure hope for his sake he's working on one of them.

Doubt it... he was boxing to "get ready" for the 'Cuse.

• 2 weeks later...

I know some don't care....but I will be following White closely this year to see how this move works out for him.  Syracuse opened their season last night with an exhibition against Indiana University of Pennsylvania(what??)....and AWIII went 2-9(2-7 3PT), 1 reb, 3 assist, 3 TO, 8 points.