Andrew White Transfering

I may be the only one that feels this way, but I hope we would all get over Andrew. He made the decision on his own no longer be a part of our program. I, for one, really do not care where he goes. We should be more concerned over who we have left and want to be a part of Nebraska basketball. We have a lot of talent and the emphasis should be on them. I will no longer read any articles about White. HE IS Gone!!! Let it rest!

Hmmm...not sure about that. Wasn't there a story about Petteway taking so many shots because he had to? Other than Shields, that was about NU's only option, at least consistently. NU doesn't/hasn't run a system that fits what Tai's skills are, so he wasn't gonna carry any of that. Pitchford was MIA. It was Petteway, Shields and hope someone had a hot hand. I think if AW3 had had a season with TP, he would have put up similar numbers to what he did last year AND opened things up more for Petteway. I think it would have benefited both to have had a year to play together. I think I reject the premise.

There's only a certain number of offensive possessions in a 40 minute game, though.

If Petteway is able to score more readily because of Andrew White being on the floor, who gets fewer shots?

It's going to have to come from somewhere.

Does Shavon drop under double figure scoring?

Who gets fewer shots? Petteway. I don't think he would have forced things. He wouldn't have had to. Imagine if Gallegos shot at the level White did? Think how much better that would have made the team? Having more high level players wouldn't have made the team worse. Remember, Pitchford was supposed to have been on that team, too. Had he been able to keep things together and improved on his sophomore season, that should have been a high powered team. How many shots each guy was gonna get really wouldn't have been a concern.

Perteway had his strengths but shot selection was not one. He would continue to take bad shots and even would have

made some of them.

Love it.

“I felt like he would’ve helped out our team, but at the same time, it’s OK,” said Jacobson, a 6-foot-9 forward. “If he wants to leave, if he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t want him here, by any means." "I’m totally fine with him leaving, if he thinks that’s the best decision for him. Go ahead. See you later.”

Hmmm...not sure about that. Wasn't there a story about Petteway taking so many shots because he had to? Other than Shields, that was about NU's only option, at least consistently. NU doesn't/hasn't run a system that fits what Tai's skills are, so he wasn't gonna carry any of that. Pitchford was MIA. It was Petteway, Shields and hope someone had a hot hand. I think if AW3 had had a season with TP, he would have put up similar numbers to what he did last year AND opened things up more for Petteway. I think it would have benefited both to have had a year to play together. I think I reject the premise.

There's only a certain number of offensive possessions in a 40 minute game, though.

If Petteway is able to score more readily because of Andrew White being on the floor, who gets fewer shots?

It's going to have to come from somewhere.

Does Shavon drop under double figure scoring?

Who gets fewer shots? Petteway. I don't think he would have forced things. He wouldn't have had to. Imagine if Gallegos shot at the level White did? Think how much better that would have made the team? Having more high level players wouldn't have made the team worse. Remember, Pitchford was supposed to have been on that team, too. Had he been able to keep things together and improved on his sophomore season, that should have been a high powered team. How many shots each guy was gonna get really wouldn't have been a concern.

Perteway had his strengths but shot selection was not one. He would continue to take bad shots and even would have

made some of them.

He did take some bad shots, quite a few actually.  However, the perception of his shot selection was magnified by how many bad shots he had to take at the end of shot clocks due to less than stellar offensive scheme/flow. 

I disagree, Dimes. Nobody complained about him having to get off a shot at the end of the clock. The complaints always focused on him taking low-percentage shots early in the clock when we had time to find a better look.

He was our best look.

Doesn't mean he didn't force crap, he did.

I disagree, Dimes. Nobody complained about him having to get off a shot at the end of the clock. The complaints always focused on him taking low-percentage shots early in the clock when we had time to find a better look.

He was our best look.

Not disagreeing...I'm just saying if we wanted someone to put it up, he was our best threat. It was hurtful and helpful at times.

He was our best look.

Not disagreeing...I'm just saying if we wanted someone to put it up, he was our best threat. It was hurtful and helpful at times.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying, this I agree with.  Also were times we had others give up good looks earlier in the shot clock that force a chuck as it expired.

He was our best look.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying, this I agree with. Also were times we had others give up good looks earlier in the shot clock that force a chuck as it expired.

Agreed! Too often our guys looked to TP rather than believing in their own ability to knock down an open look.

He was our best look.
Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying, this I agree with. Also were times we had others give up good looks earlier in the shot clock that force a chuck as it expired.

Agreed! Too often our guys looked to TP rather than believing in their own ability to knock down an open look.

Well, there was a reason a bunch of them didn't believe in that....

Sorry to dredge this thread back up after it looked like it might finally go away, but I can't help it.  I find the results of this poll a little bit interesting:

For what it's worth I voted that I don't care anymore on that poll and I don't. But if you read some of the comments BR did responded to someone saying if he wrote an article tomorrow with quotes from AW3 it would be the most read article on the site and that's true, I'd read it.

The way I look at this is the poll question is worded incorrectly, for me anyway. It should say "would you read a story on why AW3 transferred". No, I don't care to hear from AW3 and why he transferred......but if there's an article sitting in front of my face I'll read it.

It makes more sense for AW-III to 'go home' to VCU so his friends & family can watch him play.

This isn't a priority.  There is no chance he's going to go play in the A10.

Doesn't mean he couldn't end up there, maybe he will eventually realize that the NBA is but a pipe-dream for him and that playing time in front of loved ones is an important thing after all. Only time will tell... I'm not holding my breath, though. I have a feeling that AW-III & Co. will continue to be an enigma wrapped in a conundrum & tied together with an altruistic strand of nothing, really.