2016-17 Non-conference schedule

AuroranHusker

Preseason WNIT

Sat,  Nov 12 Texas Rio Grande Valley Pinnacle Bank Arena 1:00 p.m.

Mon,  Nov 14 Missouri or Abilene Christian Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:00 p.m.

Thu,  Nov 17 TBA Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:00 p.m.

Sun,  Nov 20 Championship Game at TBA TBA

Tue,  Nov 22 Omaha Pinnacle Bank Arena 7:00 p.m.

South Point Shootout

Fri,  Nov 25 Washington State Las Vegas, Nev. 8:00 p.m.

Sat,  Nov 26 Virginia Las Vegas, Nev. 8:00 p.m.

ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Thu,  Dec 01 Virginia Tech at Blacksburg, Va. TBA

Sun,  Dec 04 California Pinnacle Bank Arena TBA

Tue,  Dec 06 Drake Pinnacle Bank Arena TBA

Fri,  Dec 09 San Jose State Pinnacle Bank Arena TBA

Sun,  Dec 18 Creighton at Omaha, Neb. (D.J. Sokol Arena) TBA

Wed,  Dec 21 Connecticut Pinnacle Bank Arena TBA

notre dame should glide right on to the finals. 

washington is no doubt the favorite from the right side of the bracket. plus, IF they do get romeo for this upcoming season, it will be just that more difficult. i haven't heard, but, if Ionescu (sp?) commits, washington will be pretty loaded. not sure if washington is still in the running for her---think they were on her list.

washington is no doubt the favorite from the right side of the bracket. plus, IF they do get romeo for this upcoming season, it will be just that more difficult. i haven't heard, but, if Ionescu (sp?) commits, washington will be pretty loaded. not sure if washington is still in the running for her---think they were on her list.

Ionescu is set to pick between Washington and Oregon soon. Washington has offered Ionescu and Romeos AAU coach an assistant coaching position there. I believe Ionescu is waiting to find out if he is going to accept that position before making her decision.

Ionescu is set to pick between Washington and Oregon soon. Washington has offered Ionescu and Romeos AAU coach an assistant coaching position there. I believe Ionescu is waiting to find out if he is going to accept that position before making her decision.

That's a way to get some recruits...hire their club coach.....or family... like Ohio State did. 

Didn't we have a chance to do something similar?

prospects nation reporting ionescu has signed with oregon. (via @ChrisHansenPSB)

prospects nation reporting ionescu has signed with oregon. (via @ChrisHansenPSB)

Her twin brother is walking on to Oregon. Not surprised about that. They're always attached on the hip.

The B1G Conference announced pairings for 16 regular season conference games for next season a day or so ago. Dates and times will be announced later. Here are Nebraska's opponents.

Home and Away

Ohio State, Michigan St, Michigan

Home Games:

Ohio St, Maryland, Michigan St, Indiana, Rutgers, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern

Away Games:

Ohio St, Michigan St, Michigan, Iowa, Purdue, Penn St, Illinois, Wisconsin.

• 3 weeks later...

Since getting into the big dance depends a lot on your RPI if you don't get the automatic bid from your conference and if you remember Yori always seemed to be mentioning the RPI of certain teams and conferences in interviews. So since she and her staff had a lot to do with the making of this years non-conference schedule, I decided to take a look at the RPI of the non-conference opponents we face this year according to their final RPI standing from last season to sort of gauge where the non-conference slate stacks up according to last seasons RPI. Keep in mind each year all teams lose players and gain new ones. Nebraska finished 93rd in the RPI last season.

Power 5 conference schools placing below 70 are usually pretty good. If they placed between 70 and 130 they could have been better. Anything above 130 for a power 5 school in the rpi just isn’t very good. Take note there are 349 schools playing basketball in division 1 of the NCAA

I think our schedule is just about where it should be considering a new staff and what we have coming back. You always want some strong teams and some average teams with a sprinkling of some not so good teams. The Huskers will most likely face some pretty good RPI teams from last season in the Pre-season WNIT tournament. How the Huskers are going fare is yet to be determined.

The following is how our non-conference slate stacks up against teams according to their last years final RPI ranking.

3 Connecticut

84 California

95 Washington State

109 Drake

111 Virginia 

115 Creighton

124 Virginia Tech

193 Texas Rio Grande Valley  

201 San Jose State

242 Omaha

Teams we may wind up facing in the Pre-season WNIT

33 Washington

41 Colorado St.

45 Missouri

75 Abilene Christian

Since getting into the big dance depends a lot on your RPI if you don't get the automatic bid from your conference and if you remember Yori always seemed to be mentioning the RPI of certain teams and conferences in interviews. So since she and her staff had a lot to do with the making of this years non-conference schedule, I decided to take a look at the RPI of the non-conference opponents we face this year according to their final RPI standing from last season to sort of gauge where the non-conference slate stacks up according to last seasons RPI. Keep in mind each year all teams lose players and gain new ones. Nebraska finished 93rd in the RPI last season.

Power 5 conference schools placing below 70 are usually pretty good. If they placed between 70 and 130 they could have been better. Anything above 130 for a power 5 school in the rpi just isn’t very good. Take note there are 349 schools playing basketball in division 1 of the NCAA

I think our schedule is just about where it should be considering a new staff and what we have coming back. You always want some strong teams and some average teams with a sprinkling of some not so good teams. The Huskers will most likely face some pretty good RPI teams from last season in the Pre-season WNIT tournament. How the Huskers are going fare is yet to be determined.

The following is how our non-conference slate stacks up against teams according to their last years final RPI ranking.

3 Connecticut

84 California

95 Washington State

109 Drake

111 Virginia 

115 Creighton

124 Virginia Tech

193 Texas Rio Grande Valley  

201 San Jose State

242 Omaha

Teams we may wind up facing in the Pre-season WNIT

33 Washington

41 Colorado St.

45 Missouri

75 Abilene Christian

Do you happen to have the RPI for the teams we will be playing in the Big Ten

How is UConn 3?  I know that it is all to do with schedule but hah, ha, ha.

RPI is a total bunch of crap.  UCONN being number three proves it.  They only beat everyone they played by about 40 points or more.  If that does not get you number one what does.   The SEC & ACC in baseball proved how big a joke it is.  Some basketball teams play the RPI for all it is worth and average teams get rewarded for it.  See KSU last year.  A better system has to be available.