2017 SF Nana Akenten - LOI

Boom finally some good news. Recruiting and scouting isn't my cup of tea so quick someone give me a break down on Nana's game (I don't want to go back and read the whole thread)

A shooter!  This is our first non-transfer SG since Nate Hawkins if we're considering him a SG.

I am not saying anything negative or positive about this recruit, but he got to have a better career then Arop or people are going to be PISSED!

Are you going to travel back and forth to the alternate universe where Arop didn't decommit and track his progress there at alternate Nebraska and compare?

I look forward to your findings.

Also, can you show me how to travel from here to alternate universes?  There are a few I'd like to check out...

Boom finally some good news. Recruiting and scouting isn't my cup of tea so quick someone give me a break down on Nana's game (I don't want to go back and read the whole thread)

A shooter! This is our first non-transfer SG since Nate Hawkins if we're considering him a SG.

He is a shooter. Will play the 2 or 3 spot but has the ability to guard the opposing 3.

I am not saying anything negative or positive about this recruit, but he's got to have a better career then Arop or people are going to be PISSED!

they're completely different players. Nana's best asset is shooting and Aguek's worst asset is that he can't shoot.

i think nana will fit in tim's offense much better than aguek would have.

I am not saying anything negative or positive about this recruit, but he's got to have a better career then Arop or people are going to be PISSED!

they're completely different players. Nana's best asset is shooting and Aguek's worst asset is that he can't shoot.

Pretty much: he's Arop with the perimeter game and without the ACL tear. 

What I was told tonight was that Nunu is what they hoped Arop would have developed into both size wise and ability wise.

I believe a comparable for Arop may be Corey Simms.  Corey was more a PF who, because of his size, had to play guard in Division I basketball.  Corey was a nice player with a number of up-side skills.  Shooting was not one of those skills. 

I hope Arop lands at a good place.  But he decommitted in my mind.  We provided him an option, and he chose the different direction. 

Now, on to our future.  Nana is part of our bright future :D

Nana was one of my favorites for this class

Breakdown his game for us dummies who haven't been able to follow him as much?

Smoother operator.  Long and rangy for a SG.  Nice looking shot.  Haven't seen much video of him on the defensive side of the ball, but body type seems to indicate he should be able to slide down and guard the other team's SF.