USA Women's U17 trials

Row6Seat10

Husker target Taylor Kissinger '17 from Minden is in Colorado Springs this weekend trying out for the USA Women’s U17 World Championship team. 143 have gathered in Colorado trying to earn a spot on the team, including all twelve members from last years USAU17 team.

Also participating in the trials is another Husker target, McKenna Haire '17 from Charlotte NC. The Huskers have shown interest in McKenna and vice versa. There will be multiple cuts, some coming as soon as today, before the 12-player team which will represent the U.S. at the FIBA U-17 World Championship for Women is announced on Monday.

I work right next door to the OTC. Me & Nicea are gonna go check them out today if we have time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm sure you'll both put in a good word to potential recruits for us if you get the chance (and they'll be interested in watching Nicea's progress as a Husker).   :)

Be interested in hearing your observations if you do go! 

Been talked about before a lot...but certainly hope Coach Williams has Taylor K. on her/our radar.

I know Taylor was interested in the Huskers before all the changes....hope (again) she's still interested in becoming a Husker. Definitely have a spot for her on the roster.

Been talked about before a lot...but certainly hope Coach Williams has Taylor K. on her/our radar.

I know Taylor was interested in the Huskers before all the changes....hope (again) she's still interested in becoming a Husker. Definitely have a spot for her on the roster.

Will be interesting; the family was close to Coach Stephens.  Taylor was very interested.  Since then, however, her sister has transferred to Creighton, and of course Coach Stephens is out of coaching. 

After beginning trials with 139 athletes on May 26 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, 18 finalists for the 2016 USA Basketball Women’s U17 World Championship Team were announced on Monday morning.

Named as finalists were: Janelle Bailey (Providence Day School/Matthews, N.C.); Rellah Boothe (IMG Academy/Ocala, Fla.); Aliyah Boston (Worcester Academy/Worcester, Mass.); Jenna Brown (The Lovett School/Marietta, Ga.); Samantha Brunelle (William Monroe H.S./Ruckersville, Va.); Charli Collier (Barbers Hill H.S./Baytown, Texas); Aquira DeCosta (St. Mary's H.S./Stockton, Calif.); Maya Dodson (St. Francis H.S./Alpharetta, Ga.); Destanni Henderson (Fort Myers H.S./Fort Myers, Fla.); Nazahrah Hillmon (Gilmour Academy/Cleveland, Ohio); Taylor Mikesell (Jackson H.S./Massillon, Ohio); Alexis Morris (Legacy Christian Academy/Beaumont, Texas); Olivia Nelson-Ododa (Winder-Barrow H.S./Winder, Ga.); Sedona Prince (Liberty Hill H.S./Liberty Hill, Texas); Abby Prohaska (Lakota West H.S./Liberty Township, Ohio); Christyn Williams (Little Rock Central H.S./Little Rock, Ark.); Madison Williams (Trinity Valley School/Fort Worth, Texas); and Zoe Young (Valley H.S./Urbandale, Iowa).

Zoe Young from Urbandale, IA....time to try and steal one from coach Blunder.  That is, if she doesn't already have a commitment from her!  B)

Pretty good ball player who will only be a sophomore next season. Although the school we might have to steal from to get her is on I-35 just north of Des Moines.

Zoe Young from Urbandale, IA....time to try and steal one from coach Blunder.  That is, if she doesn't already have a commitment from her!  B)

Pretty good ball player who will only be a sophomore next season. Although the school we might have to steal from to get her is on I-35 just north of Des Moines.

Zoe will have plenty of options on a national level not just regional schools. As of a couple of months ago she had offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan State, Louisville, and others. She is a 2019 recruit so there is time for Williams to get in the game with her.