2017 G Thomas Allen - LOI

I'm surprised that we're only on Page 2 for this kid.  He's a Rivals 150 player, with offers from NC State, Cincy, Illinois, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Xavier.  And he's coming on an official visit tomorrow.  Where's the buzz?  I know our roster has improved, but not to the point where a kid like this should illicit a collective yawn.  I, for one, am very excited by the prospect of landing Allen!

I'm surprised that we're only on Page 2 for this kid.  He's a Rivals 150 player, with offers from NC State, Cincy, Illinois, Ohio State, Texas A&M, and Xavier.  And he's coming on an official visit tomorrow.  Where's the buzz?  I know our roster has improved, but not to the point where a kid like this should illicit a collective yawn.  I, for one, am very excited by the prospect of landing Allen!

I think we're still big man crazy

I think it's the opposite, in that despite we're now getting used to Rivals 150 guys taking visits on the reg, we also are somewhat realistic that - at this point at least - it looks like a bit of a long shot to actually land him.

what happens if stewart and allen both wanted to commit saturday?

Then the future of Nick Fuller becomes a little clearer?

I think we're still big man crazy

See!

Saw Allen today on his recruiting visit.   He and Miles watched a few points of the volleyball game.  I'd say 6'1" is about right, if not a little inflated.  He looked nervous, wasn't smiling--perhaps in awe of  our awesomeness.

So true story--they are standing in the corner of the arena, and one of the event staff geezers comes over and tells them they can't stand there.  So they had to to go sit down.    Miles just looked at him, like "you're kidding me, I'm Tim Freaking Miles, way to make me look good old man".   Man, those folks like their rules!  Hey Shawn, perhaps have them loosen up a bit, and have rules become merely guidelines when it involves your head basketball coach and a recruit.   :huh:  :)

Saw Allen today on his recruiting visit.   He and Miles watched a few points of the volleyball game.  I'd say 6'1" is about right, if not a little inflated.  He looked nervous, wasn't smiling--perhaps in awe of  our awesomeness.

So true story--they are standing in the corner of the arena, and one of the event staff geezers comes over and tells them they can't stand there.  So they had to to go sit down.    Miles just looked at him, like "you're kidding me, I'm Tim Freaking Miles, way to make me look good old man".   Man, those folks like their rules!  Hey Shawn, perhaps have them loosen up a bit, and have rules become merely guidelines when it involves your head basketball coach and a recruit.   :huh:  :)

Allen, Stewart, and what other recruit were in Lincoln yesterday? From my vantage spot it looked like no one was enjoying the heat on the sidelines before the game which probably accounted for a seeming lack of enthusiasm. Nevertheless, the coaches and team were making a full court press effort with almost all in attendance (including Fuller). Nice to be in a situation for a change when the spots available for 2017 may be on a first come, first served basis.

Allen, Stewart, and what other recruit were in Lincoln yesterday? From my vantage spot it looked like no one was enjoying the heat on the sidelines before the game which probably accounted for a seeming lack of enthusiasm. Nevertheless, the coaches and team were making a full court press effort with almost all in attendance (including Fuller). Nice to be in a situation for a change when the spots available for 2017 may be on a first come, first served basis.

2018 G Trey'von Hopkins was the third recruit.

FWIW, the current members of the team were all having a blast down on the sidelines. Very loose and enjoying life. There's chemistry on the roster. The recruits were a little more uptight, which is to be expected some with mom and dad right there.