Build the starting lineup/minute distribution for 2016

I am giddy with Jordy signing on. 

I know we still have to wait on Andrew White, but lets just pretend he comes back.

What to you think the starting lineup looks game 1/Big Ten opener/last game of the season.

How do you think minutes get dished out?

We obviously have a lot of talented guys and finally have a chance to play guys at their natural positions..... 

I'm encouraged that Jordy has the discipline to lose a bunch of weight.  That says something about his work ethic and self-discipline. (Jeriah Horne did the same thing, actually.)

But he's going to be a true freshman and he hasn't been playing basketball forever, so he's going to have a learning curve.

While I think he's a very important addition, let's be careful about overhyping him.

I think the most plausible starter at the post to begin next season is going to be Michael Jacobson.

Then, I think you might see either Ed Morrow or Jeriah Horne at the 4.

There, I said it.  I think Jeriah Horne could start at the 4.  Right after I said not to overhype Jordy.  Consistent?  I think not.

Anyway, next is Andrew White at the 3 if he returns; otherwise, it could very well be Isaiah Roby.

I think you can flip a coin between Tai Webster and Anton Gill.  If Tai remains (rumor was he'd leave if Andrew White did) I could see him starting or splitting minutes at both guard spots.

I think we have a very, very solid trio of guards in our backcourt.  I think we also have a very solid trio or quadro of bigs to hold down the front court.  And the combo of Andrew, Jack and Isaiah make for a very solid group at the wing who could play up at the 4 (or down at the 2) depending on match-ups.

My guess:

Watson (30+ min)

Gill (25 min) / Webster (25 min)

White (25 min) / Roby (15 min) / McVeigh (10 min)

Morrow (20 min) / Horne (5 min)

Tshimanga (20 min) / Jacobson (20 min)

---

That's how I see it.  I think Webster and Jacobson will rotate positions and inject strength as utility guys where we need them on any given night, and they'll earn plenty of minutes that way.  I could also see Jacobson locking down the starting PF position and Morrow rotating similar between the 4-5.  

I think the thing that's going to be very overlooked is that Tshimangas presence alone gives a healthy Morrow the green light to be an instant 10 and 10 guy in a sidekick roll should Miles play the beefier lineup. It all depends on matchups/styles but that's the great thing. We can go the thumper route with Jordy/Morrow or go the stretch route and play Jacobson at the 4.

-Glynn Watson Jr. 28 min

-Anton Gill 25 min

-Andrew White III 28 min

-Edward Morrow Jr. 22 min

-Michael Jacobson 25 min

BENCH

-Tai Webster 27 min

-Isaiah Roby 15 min

-Jordy Tshimanga 17 min

-Jack McVeigh 13 min

-Jeriah Horne didn't give Horne a MPG, I think he will play but not in every game. Wouldn't mind seeing him redshirt just because of the depth at his position but that probably won't happen

-Nick Fuller don't see anything but mop up duty for Fuller unless he rediscover the stroke he was recruited for

This is a real possibility as a regular rotation.

Watson/Webster

Gill/Webster/Roby

AW-III/Roby

Horne/Morrow

Jacobson/Tshimanga

So you think McVeigh is going to get left out of the rotation?

No, just forgot to put his name; the 2nd Roby should be Jack! :o .

Gotcha. Anyways this depth is a nice thing to have. There is a good chance a good player is gonna get left out of the 8-9 man rotation.

This is a real possibility as a regular rotation.

Watson/Webster

Gill/Webster/Roby

AW-III/Roby

Horne/Morrow

Jacobson/Tshimanga

So you think McVeigh is going to get left out of the rotation?

No, just forgot to put his name; the 2nd Roby should be Jack! :o .

Gotcha. Anyways this depth is a nice thing to have. There is a good chance a good player is gonna get left out of the 8-9 man rotation.

Horne and Fuller could be the two not in the regular rotation, but I personally believe Jeriah will be a major cog for Nebrasketball while Fuller will see spot minutes once again.

According to most, Fuller wont see the court... Not sure if I buy that.

Here is how I see it:

Game 1

1- Watson/Gill

2. Webster/Gill/Roby

3. White/ McVeigh/Roby

4. Morrow/Fuller/Horne

5. Jacobson/Jordy

B1G Ten opener

1- Watson/Webster

2- Gill/Webster

3- White/Roby/McVeigh

4- Morrow/Horne/Fuller

5- Jordy/Jacobson/Morrow

NCAA Tourney Game 1

1- Watson/Webster

2-Gill/Roby

3-White/McVeigh

4-Morrow/Horne

5- Jordy/Jacobson

Here is how I see it:

Game 1

1- Watson/Gill

2. Webster/Gill/Roby

3. White/ McVeigh/Roby

4. Morrow/Fuller/Horne

5. Jacobson/Jordy

B1G Ten opener

1- Watson/Webster

2- Gill/Webster

3- White/Roby/McVeigh

4- Morrow/Horne/Fuller

5- Jordy/Jacobson/Morrow

NCAA Tourney Game 1

1- Watson/Webster

2-Gill/Roby

3-White/McVeigh

4-Morrow/Horne

5- Jordy/Jacobson

I think your NCAA tourney game 1 lineup would definitely win that tournament game regardless of matchup. So all we have to do is make the tournament and we can polish off some bad history.

Here is how I see it:

Game 1

1- Watson/Gill

2. Webster/Gill/Roby

3. White/ McVeigh/Roby

4. Morrow/Fuller/Horne

5. Jacobson/Jordy

B1G Ten opener

1- Watson/Webster

2- Gill/Webster

3- White/Roby/McVeigh

4- Morrow/Horne/Fuller

5- Jordy/Jacobson/Morrow

NCAA Tourney Game 1

1- Watson/Webster

2-Gill/Roby

3-White/McVeigh

4-Morrow/Horne

5- Jordy/Jacobson

The thing I like about all 3 of your lineups is that you have Morrow solidified at the 4. Miles certainly has options but a healthy Morrow will absolutely eat his man alive on the offensive glass with a viable 5 (Jordy) on the floor at the same time.

Just my opinion, and I'm still excited about his potential - but those of you who have Jordy starting day one concern me...

From the film I've watched, he's got the capabilities and tools - but he's got A LOT of work to do before I'm ready to say he's a better option at the 5 and bumping someone else off the spot or to change the lineup.

Que the feverish attacks. It's Monday, I can handle it.

Just my opinion, and I'm still excited about his potential - but those of you who have Jordy starting day one concern me...

From the film I've watched, he's got the capabilities and tools - but he's got A LOT of work to do before I'm ready to say he's a better option at the 5 and bumping someone else off the spot or to change the lineup.

Agree here. I said this before we even landed him but initially Jordy may see just spot minutes. Miles will be able to insert him to spell Jacobsen (or grad transfer big yet to be picked up), to use fouls or when we need a rebounding boost. He may work his way up to 15 minutes a game. Obviously the more the better because it gets other guys to their natural positions but Miles is going to need to play small ball most of the time yet again only he'll have Jordy at his disposal. I foresee a lot of fans getting restless/criticizing Miles for finally having a big but not playing him. Jordy is an instant body of correct size, a better option than Hammond coming in, but he's going to need time to develop and get stronger like any freshman big.

Miles will be able to insert him to spell Jacobsen

This right here...and if somehow he can progress as well as Jacobsen did during his freshman year then we're gonna be cooking with Crisco for sure.

THIS

Lets not put too much pressure on the kid.

Let him come in and earn his playing time.

I was being VERY hopeful expecting him to start day 1 of B1G play but even then i think he splits minutes with Jacobson.

I dont care if you are 7'0, the B1G centers are no joke and they are STRONG... they will move him around till we get at least a year or two in the weight room.

This right here...and if somehow he can progress as well as Jacobsen did during his freshman year then we're gonna be cooking with Crisco for sure.

This. MJ will start the 5, Morrow the 4. I can see Morrow getting a breather and Jake sliding to the 4.

One thing I will say is that the guy who started in that spot last year came in as a true freshman and took the starting job over within weeks of the start of the season.  That guy, Michael Jacobson, is undersized in this league, but Jordy isn't.

The question will probably be how well can he defend the screen and roll?  That seems to be a big thing for Miles.

I don't think Jordy would have to be a world-beater one-and-done kind of kid to come in and start from day one.

That's simply because of what we've said throughout his recruitment:  We basically don't got no one else.  It's his job almost by default.

This. MJ will start the 5, Morrow the 4. I can see Morrow getting a breather and Jake sliding to the 4.

Jake or Jack?

Jake Hammond is gone.

I assume you meant Jack McVeigh?

And that is the nice thing about some of these guys like McVeigh, Fuller and even White. They can play some 4 if we decide to go small or athletic.

The biggest issue was last year when we only could go with them at those positions.

Depth will be our friend this year... imagine when we can run a lineup of:

Webster- 6'4

White- 6'7

McVeigh- 6'8

Jacobson- 6'8

Jordy- 7'0

Talk about size/height and yet still high levels of athleticism 

Shhh...it's going to be at least 6 months until everyone realizes that big raw post players take time to develop.

I'm looking at Hammond's 10.2 minutes per game along with 2.2 pts, 2.8 rebounds, and .6 blocks last season as obtainable and perhaps the floor on JT's freshman year.

Jake or Jack?

Jake Hammond is gone.

I assume you meant Jack McVeigh?

And that is the nice thing about some of these guys like McVeigh, Fuller and even White. They can play some 4 if we decide to go small or athletic.

The biggest issue was last year when we only could go with them at those positions.

Depth will be our friend this year... imagine when we can run a lineup of:

Webster- 6'4

White- 6'7

McVeigh- 6'8

Jacobson- 6'8

Jordy- 7'0

Talk about size/height and yet still high levels of athleticism 

I think he meant "Jake" as in short for "Jacobson."