Let this soak in for a minute...

49r

The fact that Nebrasketball has six (seven by Fran Fraschilla's account of Tai coming out of NZ) 4 stars on its roster is just stupid.

Now the pressure to start winning will get even more turned up.  It's one thing to get the players but it's another to be competitive and compete for conference championships.  Our roster is looking pretty solid so now it's time to start actually changing the mentality and realize we should be finishing in the top half of the league every year and looking to be conference champions.

I guess I'd just say be careful.

Of the 8 Rivals 150 kids currently on our roster for next year ...

1 is sitting out as a transfer

2 will be sophomores

3 will be true freshmen

So, I'd suggest everyone temper their expectations accordingly.

I think this group has a lot of talent and, assuming everyone with remaining eligibility comes back, we have ALL of the pieces, finally.

What we don't have is very much back-court depth.  That's my biggest concern right now.  Roby better be able to guard the 2.

Average Roster Ratings via VerbalCommits.com

Summary for Nebraska

Nov 2013 - 2.5 stars - 12/12th in the B1G

Oct 2014 - 2.782 stars - 12/14th in the B1G

Nov 2015 - 3 stars - 8/14th in the B1G

May 2016 - 3.125 stars - 8/14th in the B1G

Nov 2013

81d9fcd551.png

Oct 2014

990c9071c5.png

October 2015

844107df89.png

May 2016

93d69f6405.png

The fact that Nebrasketball has six (seven by Fran Fraschilla's account of Tai coming out of NZ) 4 stars on its roster is just stupid.

Now the pressure to start winning will get even more turned up.  It's one thing to get the players but it's another to be competitive and compete for conference championships.  Our roster is looking pretty solid so now it's time to start actually changing the mentality and realize we should be finishing in the top half of the league every year and looking to be conference champions.

I guess I'd just say be careful.

Of the 8 Rivals 150 kids currently on our roster for next year ...

1 is sitting out as a transfer

2 will be sophomores

3 will be true freshmen

So, I'd suggest everyone temper their expectations accordingly.

I think this group has a lot of talent and, assuming everyone with remaining eligibility comes back, we have ALL of the pieces, finally.

What we don't have is very much back-court depth.  That's my biggest concern right now.  Roby better be able to guard the 2.

In the same vein of temperance, I will build on what Norm is saying and go that next step and say while the Rivals rankings and stars look pretty nice here, one only has to take a peek over at the ESPN recruiting rankings and see that our roster is actually pretty modest by B1G standards, even the 247 composite rankings put us at only 9th in the league this year:

• 247Sports Composite Ranking
  • Natl Rank: 52
  • Big-Ten Rank: 9
  • Avg Rating: 0.8952

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

It's not about composite rankings when you reach a certain point.  At a certain point, if you have a well-rounded roster with talented players at every spot (and we do, now, finally) it's about who has the game changers. 

In other words, a composite ranking of 9th puts you in center mass on the bell curve and there's not going to be a lot of difference in overall talent between the 9th place team and the 5th place team. 

What elevates you at that point is the game changers. Who has them?  I think we might have a couple.