Fun Predictions

So with a lot going on with the new assistant, Palmer committing, Andrew White putting his name in the draft, and waiting (hopefully) for Jordy to commit, I thought maybe we could post some things that we secretly think may happen in the future of our program just to lighten up a little bit and hear some different opinions. So here are a few of mine:

1) Glynn builds on a strong freshman campaign to becoming one of the leaders of this team and our second best player (AW3) next year. Also he continues his strong work ethic throughout his career and becomes one of the best Huskers in the recent era and an All B1G caliber player.

2) Roby and Horne come in next year confident and ready to play. They get role player minutes and build on those throughout the year to become two consistent playmakers off the bench.

3) Anton Gill is a serious playmaker for us offensively next year and does stuff during the non-conference slate that has us on our feet and thinking NCAA tournament. But once conference play starts he starts to frustrate us with his sub-par defense.

4) In 2017 our team is very reliant on three point shooting and we key on playmakers like Glynn and Roby to drive and dish out to waiting shooters like Palmer, Horne, Jacobson (hopefully), Mcveigh etc.

5) We land a very high profile recruit for 2017 or 2018 after an NCAA tournament appereance.

And for my last prediction, this is really more about the B1G than the Huskers specifically, but..

6) Rutgers rises up in the B1G significally before Corey Sanders graduates, with their outstanding new coaching staff and Corey to build around they rise to near the top half of the conference.

I'll predict my starting 5 and rotation with the current roster.

-Glynn Watson 6'0 So.

-Anton Gill 6'3 Jr.

-Andrew White 6'7 Sr.

-Edward Morrow 6'7 So.

-Michael Jacobson 6'8 So.

BENCH

-Tai Webster 6'4 Sr.

-Isaiah Roby 6'8 Fr.

-Jack McVeigh 6'8 So.

-Jeriah Horne 6'7 Fr.

-Nick Fuller 6'7 Jr.

My predictions:

Jordy picks UNLV.

Andrew White comes back.

We sign an unknown to backup Watson and get a late summer grad transfer who isnt a Center.

We change our style and go fast paced. We catch teams off guard with our style and yet still finish around 8th in B1G because of lack of size. We end up in the NIT and win the NIT.

We sign two 7'0 freshman during the season.

We lose an asst. coach and start the process over again.

My predictions:

Jordy becomes a Husker.

Link joins the school of fine and performing arts and sings the national anthem at the first game in PBA next year.

Andrew White comes back and has a crazy good senior year because he won't be the only guy on the team who can shoot and defenses won't be able to key on him.

Anton Gill comes in and is at times brilliant and at times frustrating.  At times can score in bunches; other times disappears on the floor.  But that's ok because ...

Tai Webster has a monster senior year as the Husker's 2nd leading scorer at over 15 ppg and over 40% from 3-point range.  Shows up on draft boards as an early 2nd round NBA pick.

Glynn Watson steps up on D, improves his shot selection, but most importantly, dishes the rock at a dizzying clip averaging more than 4.5 assists/game.

Beginning mid-December, Isaiah Roby starts getting referred to as "Real Deal."

Jeriah Horne sets out to prove he was under-rated.  Averages 15 minutes/game.  Pushes the starters, makes them better.

Jordy splits time with Jacobson.  Nebraska develops a 4-headed monster at the two big man spots.

NCAA tourney, reaching the round of 32.

My predictions:

Jordy becomes a Husker.

Link joins the school of fine and performing arts and sings the national anthem at the first game in PBA next year.

Andrew White comes back and has a crazy good senior year because he won't be the only guy on the team who can shoot and defenses won't be able to key on him.

Anton Gill comes in and is at times brilliant and at times frustrating.  At times can score in bunches; other times disappears on the floor.  But that's ok because ...

Tai Webster has a monster senior year as the Husker's 2nd leading scorer at over 15 ppg and over 40% from 3-point range.  Shows up on draft boards as an early 2nd round NBA pick.

Glynn Watson steps up on D, improves his shot selection, but most importantly, dishes the rock at a dizzying clip averaging more than 4.5 assists/game.

Beginning mid-December, Isaiah Roby starts getting referred to as "Real Deal."

Jeriah Horne sets out to prove he was under-rated.  Averages 15 minutes/game.  Pushes the starters, makes them better.

Jordy splits time with Jacobson.  Nebraska develops a 4-headed monster at the two big man spots.

NCAA tourney, reaching the round of 32.

Do we wait till the off-season to build a Tim Miles statue out front of Pinnacle or do we just put it up after the tourney win?

Prediction... Tim Miles leaves for Minnesota after this year....

Everyone might not like it and it's low probability but it's certainly not impossible. The first step would be for Pitino Jr to actually make it to the start of the season because he's currently campaigning to keep his job.

Prediction... Tim Miles leaves for Minnesota after this year....

Everyone might not like it and it's low probability but it's certainly not impossible. The first step would be for Pitino Jr to actually make it to the start of the season because he's currently campaigning to keep his job.

But that's not a "fun" prediction.

Unless you're ...

My, how times change! 

It seems like it was only a couple of years ago that rumors were circulating and we were worried that some other team would come in and 'Steal' Miles away from us.  There were lengthy discussions of how we'd better make sure he is adequately compensated to keep the 'vultures' away.

Now there are even predictions he is going away; and if events over the past two seasons are any indication, more than a few would seem to be happy to see it. (despite the talent level in assistants and players he has attracted).

My (fun) prediction:

The pendulum is about to swing the other way.  Jordy signs, AW-III returns, Gill does not disappoint, Morrow & Watson become forces, Seniors have the best season of their careers, and new recruits exceed expectations,

Result: Huskers get their first NCAA Tournament Win!

koolaid2.gif

Minnesota hiring the Syracuse AD just seems a little bit like the recovering alcoholic walking into a bar doesn't it?

If, hypothetically, they did hire Tim away from us would it be the first time in the history of the Big Ten that a head basketball coach was hired from away from a current conference rival?  I don't know but my guess would be "probably".

Minnesota hiring the Syracuse AD just seems a little bit like the recovering alcoholic walking into a bar doesn't it?

If, hypothetically, they did hire Tim away from us would it be the first time in the history of the Big Ten that a head basketball coach was hired from away from a current conference rival?  I don't know but my guess would be "probably".

While it's on the other side of the fun spectrum, I'd put it on the probability level of Norm's entire post happening.

While it's on the other side of the fun spectrum, I'd put it on the probability level of Norm's entire post happening.

Only because of his prediction as to Link.   ;)