Poll

kldm64

theres a few responses over there from people saying he isnt winning championships yet so hes not doing his job.  Another said hes not a fan of hoops and think hes a failure until he can convert him to follow Nebrasketball.  Basically its the people that hate life and will never be happy regardless of what happens.

theres a few responses over there from people saying he isnt winning championships yet so hes not doing his job.  Another said hes not a fan of hoops and think hes a failure until he can convert him to follow Nebrasketball.  Basically its the people that hate life and will never be happy regardless of what happens.

AKA the ones that wear Husker football jerseys to basketball games (tucked in) and leave at the under 4 minute TV timeout.

Not a member over there but you can add me to those that approve.  Guessing it is indeed Jaybird fans that see the improvement with a short bench and know we will soon right the ship and they will again be the states little brother.

It's not us. My guess is it's the football fans that think that there should not be any other sports but football, anywhere.

Tony, count me among those that enjoy your occassional visits here...however believing that it's the "football fans  that think that there should not be any other sports but football" is pretty tough to defend, since I would wager most participants here go to Husker football and care enough to be here. Are you sure it isn't jay fans that think there is no need to have a football team?

Tony, count me among those that enjoy your occasional visits here...however believing that it's the "football fans  that think that there should not be any other sports but football" is pretty tough to defend, since I would wager most participants here go to Husker football and care enough to be here. Are you sure it isn't jay fans that think there is no need for a school to have a football team?

Amazing how people's perceptions and reality are often disconnected. I would venture that if Doc were still coach with exactly the same record, the same poll would show an approval rating of about 25%. As humans we often base our opinions on what we think the future is going to bring, not on what has already happened. In that respect, we don't differ much from dogs who are always anticipating that scrap of meat which is going to fall off the table.

Amazing how people's perceptions and reality are often disconnected. I would venture that if Doc were still coach with exactly the same record, the same poll would show an approval rating of about 25%. As humans we often base our opinions on what we think the future is going to bring, not on what has already happened. In that respect, we don't differ much from dogs who are always anticipating that scrap of meat which is going to fall off the table.

If Doc were still the coach here with the same record, his approval rating should be 25% or less.  If in 5 years, Miles has the same record and shows he can't recruit and can't bring in the quality of players you need to compete with in a major conference, I'm guessing his approval rating will be low as well.

If Doc were still the coach here with the same record, his approval rating should be 25% or less.  If in 5 years, Miles has the same record and shows he can't recruit and can't bring in the quality of players you need to compete with in a major conference, I'm guessing his approval rating will be low as well.

Yeah, people look at this season and realize Tim was dealt a bad hand in terms of player personnel and he's just playing the hand he was dealt.

On the other hand, Doc was the dealer.

I'm just saying this would be year 7 of Doc compared to year 1 of Miles.  If the roster was this badly in disarray under a 7th year coach and we were sitting at 9-8 and 0-4, I would expect people's approval to be much lower.  Your first couple of seasons, you get a pass on the state of the roster.  Jimmy was saying there's a disconnect between perception and reality and I'm saying I agree with KLDM that there's more to it than just the record and who the coach is.  I'm not sure that perception and reality are that disconnected when you're just talking about those variables.

Yep, and I think also Tim's high approval is partly a result of him diligently working towards correcting the perceived weakness in Doc's tenure which was recruiting.  He's seemingly stepped that part of the program up already.  We'll know more in a few years just how it all works out.

I think that things are going in the right direction because Miles has done this before.  Like 3 times before.

Doc had only had success with other's players in D1.

Barry had had success but I don't remember if he built a program from the bottom up.

So that is why I feel more comfortable right now and think I will be really comfortable in my SEAT WHEN WE WIN OUR FIRST NCAA GAME.  Because I will be there where ever it is.  I want to see it live. :D

Might die after that, but would die a happy man. B)

Tony, count me among those that enjoy your occassional visits here...however believing that it's the "football fans  that think that there should not be any other sports but football" is pretty tough to defend, since I would wager most participants here go to Husker football and care enough to be here. Are you sure it isn't jay fans that think there is no need to have a football team?

Tony, count me among those that enjoy your occasional visits here...however believing that it's the "football fans  that think that there should not be any other sports but football" is pretty tough to defend, since I would wager most participants here go to Husker football and care enough to be here. Are you sure it isn't jay fans that think there is no need for a school to have a football team?

Nope, just everything in moderation.