Interesting comments

kldm64

Tom Izzo said he thought Nebrasket was actually better defensively w/o Ubel b/c of more quickness and athleticism w/ Shields + Rivers.

I would have to disagree as I thought we might have gotten a win if we had Ubel to help out down low.  By the same token, I thought if we had Almeida against Wisconsin, we would have gotten a "W" there as well.

While I understand the need to explain why a vastly inferior team nearly beat on the road an obviously superior team, inherent within Izzo's remark was that his team was not prepared for Nebraska's speed.  I highly doubt that fact is true.  Izzo is one of the hardest working, prepared coaches in college basketball.  His players rarely get beat by an inferior team like Nebraska.  I did not see any let down from the Spartans, yet Nebraska still hung with them.  In his own way, Izzo could be admitting he was out coached by Miles.  I am not sure that is the case, but it would give an explanation for Izzo's views.

I did not watch the Ohio State game, but I have been very impressed with Nebraska's play since starting Big Ten play so far.  The bench is shallow.  Key players are hurt.  A new system is being implemented.  Walkons are playing important roles.  I am pleased to say the least.