2019 PF Matthew Hurt -> Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bet Creighton was in on him way before we were though.

They've been in on him since the day he could walk.

A little (blue)bird told me that Coach Mac was actually present to watch Matthew Hurt's conception. He really loved the form of Mr. Hurt's "shot" so I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Mac comes a-callin'…now that the temporary restraining order has expired.

Here's a file photo of him giving Mrs. Hurt some tips during warm-ups:

Greg-McDermott.jpg

Wasn't it you complaining about use of the word "butthurt" on here not too long ago?

I bet Creighton was in on him way before we were though.

They've been in on him since the day he could walk.

A little (blue)bird told me that Coach Mac was actually present to watch Matthew Hurt's conception. He really loved the form of Mr. Hurt's "shot" so I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Mac comes a-callin'…now that the temporary restraining order has expired.

Here's a file photo of him giving Mrs. Hurt some tips during warm-ups:

Greg-McDermott.jpg

Wasn't it you complaining about use of the word "butthurt" on here not too long ago?

Indeed it was!  Glad to see you remembered me ^_^

While we may have disagreed with one another on that -- but mainly on Ayn Rand :rolleyes: -- I'm happy to see you don't mind me throwing a low blow in the direction of the C word.

Because while I will make some attempt to limit the political overtones of my posts, I WILL NOT ease-up on the C word.  Things may heat up in November, but it's Blue Jay season all year round!

13xdrn.jpg

And to quote another piece of literature I read in middle school (but actually enjoyed):

“I remember when my daddy gave me that gun. He told me that I should never point it at anything in the house; and that he'd rather I'd shoot at tin cans in the backyard. But he said that sooner or later he supposed the temptation to go after birds would be too much, and that I could shoot all the blue jays I wanted.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

• 2 months later...

Went down to Minnesota this weekend because my brother was in the 16U tournament and checked out the team that Mckinley Wright, Jericho Sims, Matthew Hurt, and Ishmael El-Amin play for. Tim and a number of other coaches were there and man they were fun to watch. Mckinley and Ish were so active on ball defensively and Mckinley did a great job of running the offense and pushing the pace, although I never did see Mckinley attempt a single jumpshot in the two games I went to. But Jericho had so many dunks, his athleticism is crazy. But Matthew is definitely the best recruit of them all, all though two years younger than everyone he was playing against he was probably the best player I saw there.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looking back, I could not find any mention of one Matt Hurt, the best high school player to ever come from Rochester, Minn. A 6'9" soph, his brother plays for Minnesota and he already has offers from KU and NC among others , so I suppose we thought there was no reason to even show an interest. Must be good since ol' Roy has already made the trek to Rochester to sit in on one of his HS games.

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Looking back, I could not find any mention of one Matt Hurt, the best high school player to ever come from Rochester, Minn. A 6'9" soph, his brother plays for Minnesota and he already has offers from KU and NC among others , so I suppose we thought there was no reason to even show an interest. Must be good since ol' Roy has already made the trek to Rochester to sit in on one of his HS games.

Here it is: