Whatever Tim's plans are.. They need to be fast

bigFRED

First off, dont take the topic title as me speaking negatively towards Tim. I am the biggest Tim Miles fan of anyway on Earth, I just phrased it like that because he is the leader of our program.

Now, Creighton... I hate those guys as much as anyone and that hatred is probably going to grow even more in the next few years because they. are. stacked. and headed down a path that is very dangerous for us. They have basically the same team back next year except instead of Groselle they have 7'1 Justin Patton and potential First Team Big East player Marcus Foster. Also they just signed Syracuse transfer Kaleb Joseph who started for the Orange as a freshman and has miles of potential and skill, they have a recruit from Oak Hill, and a kid from Kansas (Mitchell Ballock) that they stole from Kansas that can ball out. 

Creighton knows exactly where they are going with their program right now, and we'd better figure it out soon or else we could be the runner-up basketball team of our own state.

Creighton knows exactly where they are going with their program right now, and we'd better figure it out soon or else we could be the runner-up basketball team of our own state.

I wish we would have though of signing a few high profile Div 1 transfers from other schools and/or locking down one of the best HS kids in Illinois.

I wish we would have though of signing a few high profile Div 1 transfers from other schools and/or locking down one of the best HS kids in Illinois.

You're absolutely right about that, I was just saying we have a tall task ahead

You're absolutely right about that, I was just saying we have a tall task ahead

Hiring an assistant?  I suppose. Unless Miles has someone immediately lined up I'm not sure why rushing into hiring someone is a particularly great idea. I also don't understand why what Creighton is doing is relevant to the success of hiring a coach and landing two more guys for next year. It sure might give fans a warm feeling for things to be resolved quickly...it doesn't mean it's the best course of action.

First off, dont take the topic title as me speaking negatively towards Tim. I am the biggest Tim Miles fan of anyway on Earth, I just phrased it like that because he is the leader of our program.

Now, Creighton... I hate those guys as much as anyone and that hatred is probably going to grow even more in the next few years because they. are. stacked. and headed down a path that is very dangerous for us. They have basically the same team back next year except instead of Groselle they have 7'1 Justin Patton and potential First Team Big East player Marcus Foster. Also they just signed Syracuse transfer Kaleb Joseph who started for the Orange as a freshman and has miles of potential and skill, they have a recruit from Oak Hill, and a kid from Kansas (Mitchell Ballock) that they stole from Kansas that can ball out. 

We already are runner up...Miles is 0-4 against Creighton and what...0-13 against McDermott?  And McDermott is not that great of a coach.  With that said...it's the same song and dance with Creighton every offseason.  I wouldn't necesarrily say they are "loaded."  And them signing a guy who played 6 minutes a game at Syracuse doesn't really move the needle for me.  By all accounts if you want to judge off recruiting rankings we are loaded as well. Miles needs to beat them next year but he needs to recruit a team that can win in the Big Ten.  That's what's going to determine if we go dancing or not. 

I hate Creighton as much as anyone but I agree with you noahjb24 and disagree with you huskerbaseball13.  Creighton is "loaded" as they have some very good talent and continue to recruit extremely well.  I was hoping the move from the MVC to the Big East would knock them down but are holding their own.  They probably will be a Top 25 team next year as they add Marcus Foster into the mix.  Their guard play will be extremely good and they always have 2 or 3 big men down load.  Right now, it looks like Miles might be heading towards another loss against CU cause on paper at least, CU has the better overall team going into next year.

Now I need to go throw up...

we're potentially adding just as many high profile players as creighton for the upcoming season.

-roby top 100 4 star player (had a creighton offer)

-gill former top 50 4 star player.

-horne is a fringe top 150 player that's probably a bit underrated.

-jordy. top 150 Center with offers from arizona, bayler, and pitt, etc.

-miami transfer james palmer. former 4 star top 100 player. (visiting here this month)

we still need to lock down those last 2, but this just shows we are going after a lot of high profile players.

CU may have some nice pieces coming in, but so does the rest of the Big East.  Their "post Doug" years haven't been too kind to them.  Their best year without Doug was 4 seed in the NIT. 

Sure Foster is a good player and will help.  At the same time you just never know what to make of College kids/team chemistry, etc...

Its kind of like NU football.  You read enough "fluff" articles about our 4th string QB and you start to believe some of it. 

EVERY recruit has "potential" and is a "sleeper" for every team this time of year. 

As pointed out, we have some nice players stepping in (on paper) next year as well with Roby, Horne and Gill.  Which team gels?  Which teams stay healthy?  So many things go into a basketball season.

On paper a lot of people think their team is great.  You know who else had a lot of hype a few years ago that didn't pan out?  The team we cheer for in Lincoln.  So let teams hype away all they want.  At the end of the day all the preseason crap doesn't mean squat.

I have a prediction I'm going to make here - Kaleb Joseph will not finish his collegiate career at Creighton. 

Go take a second and check out his twitter (or don't, if you want to avoid being supremely annoyed) - dude's a trash individual. 

did you mistakenly think this is his twitter account?

https://twitter.com/thugkalebjoseph

because college kids are stupid enough to admit to snorting coke on their twitter bios.

His real account hasn't been used since October 2014. Just wanted to point out that "trash individual" are the poorest choice of words and the furthest from the truth in describing Kaleb. He took his relegated role in stride this year and any article you read about his transfer will tell you that. maybe do a little more research next time before calling a 20 year old college student trash

I have a prediction I'm going to make here - Kaleb Joseph will not finish his collegiate career at Creighton. 

Go take a second and check out his twitter (or don't, if you want to avoid being supremely annoyed) - dude's a trash individual. 

did you mistakenly think this is his twitter account?

https://twitter.com/thugkalebjoseph

His real account hasn't been used since October 2014. Just wanted to point out that "trash individual" are the poorest choice of words and the furthest from the truth in describing Kaleb. He took his relegated role in stride this year and any article you read about his transfer will tell you that. maybe do a little more research next time before calling a 20 year old college student trash

I must have, bleujay, thank you for pointing that out to me. I will delete my post, but leave this up so people know the correction. Did his account get hacked or is that just a fake?

Again, I apologize for that - shame on me for assuming. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Going back to the original post, I do not want to move fast if it compromises are ability to do it right.  Reminds me of the story of the young bull and old bull at the top of the hill.  They saw a herd of cows and the young bull yells, "let's run down there and get us one of those cows!"  But the sage old bull simply said, "Naw, I am going to mosey down there and get them all!"

I believe its just one of those joke accounts. No worries, just wanted to set that straight haha. from all accounts though Kaleb was a hard worker and great teammate while at 'Cuse, even after never playing this season. Maybe he's not that great of a player, but you have to think with his physical tools he should be able to have an impact in a major conference. Boeheim practically handpicked him to be their point guard after Ennis left, I have to think it was a matter of confidence.