Future of Nebraska Women's Basketball

Fastbreaker

Speaking of Eichorst - how many noticed him sitting behind the bench during the women's games later in the season? Oftentimes with Mike Riley. Personally, I wouldn't want my boss sitting over my shoulder as I'm trying to work. Given what I had heard that he wasn't necessarily the most visible AD, I should have seen it as a red flag.

So the guy is never visible or out showing support for our teams but when he does he is sitting over their shoulder? The guy can't win. And for every negative story you guys have heard 3rd hand about Eichorst and the AD I've heard at least 5 positive ones. Those who are negative are the loudest are always the most outspoken. When things are going well you hardly hear a peep. Our fans never cease to disappoint me.

Well, Haymarket, it's equally disappointing to me that most fans can only approach Eichorst through a Pelini lens. If they didn't like Pelini and wanted him gone, Eichorst can do no wrong. If they were loyal Bo backers to the end, Eichorst can do no right. I have met the man several times and have seen him in action. I know many people in the athletic department and have some insight into the culture there and how things are run, and certain things that have happened. I wish people could understand that there is a lot more to it than whether and how he fired Bo. I have yet to find a Pelini hater acknowledge that Eichorst has ever made a mistake in his life. Now, let's carry this discussion further in a Haymarket drinking establishment.

Sounds like a plan. I will however state that I didn't mention Pellllini once and haven't for ove six months. I should be congratulated for that. Pick a place where the tables are bolted down because as you know we are both "passionate" types. :)

Mr. Haymarket, sir, it was dark, my eyes aren't so good as they used to be, but did I pass you walking arm-in-arm with a young lady (by young, I mean younger than me) walking by Leadbelly's at about 10:30 last night?  If it wasn't you, it was someone who looked a lot like you and I wasn't confident enough in the darkness to say anything.  So ...

Mr. Haymarket, sir, it was dark, my eyes aren't so good as they used to be, but did I pass you walking arm-in-arm with a young lady (by young, I mean younger than me) walking by Leadbelly's at about 10:30 last night? If it wasn't you, it was someone who looked a lot like you and I wasn't confident enough in the darkness to say anything. So ...

That would have been me. You should have said hello.

Speaking of Eichorst - how many noticed him sitting behind the bench during the women's games later in the season? Oftentimes with Mike Riley. Personally, I wouldn't want my boss sitting over my shoulder as I'm trying to work. Given what I had heard that he wasn't necessarily the most visible AD, I should have seen it as a red flag.

So the guy is never visible or out showing support for our teams but when he does he is sitting over their shoulder? The guy can't win. And for every negative story you guys have heard 3rd hand about Eichorst and the AD I've heard at least 5 positive ones. Those who are negative are the loudest are always the most outspoken. When things are going well you hardly hear a peep. Our fans never cease to disappoint me.

Well, Haymarket, it's equally disappointing to me that most fans can only approach Eichorst through a Pelini lens. If they didn't like Pelini and wanted him gone, Eichorst can do no wrong. If they were loyal Bo backers to the end, Eichorst can do no right. I have met the man several times and have seen him in action. I know many people in the athletic department and have some insight into the culture there and how things are run, and certain things that have happened. I wish people could understand that there is a lot more to it than whether and how he fired Bo. I have yet to find a Pelini hater acknowledge that Eichorst has ever made a mistake in his life. Now, let's carry this discussion further in a Haymarket drinking establishment.

Sounds like a plan. I will however state that I didn't mention Pellllini once and haven't for ove six months. I should be congratulated for that. Pick a place where the tables are bolted down because as you know we are both "passionate" types. :)

So just out of curiosity, you felt the need to spell Pelini with multiple L's which we all get why.  Do you spell Riley with 7 L's?  And before you go all Eichorst on me, read what I wrote above about it was time to change coaches.

And no I don't spell Riley with 7 L's because I like him, he doesn't embarrass me and the whole state by being a lazy, arrogant, Nebraska hating asshole. Those are just my reasons. You don't have to agree. I could go on but I made a promise to HB I would let the Pelini stuff go if he would be my friend again.

I don't miss Pelini's rants at all. It's fine by me he's gone. It's Eichorst's hire that was questionable. Riley may pull it out yet, we'll see how it works out in another couple of years.  But without a doubt the hire wasn't well received by everyone. It really split the fan base for a while. But that's all for the football forum.

But it does lead to the "iffyness" of Eichorst ability to hire...and his ability to fire...Yori.  This whole thing of Yori leaving is a bit mysterious....for the lack of another word.

The hire of Jim Larranaga at Miami turned out to be a pretty good move by Eichorst.

Have about 10 easy retorts for that post, but in the interest of congeniality, I'll pass this time.

All I care about is who he hires as the women's coach, which is the point of my post anyway. At this juncture, It's about all that's relevant to the future of NU's women's BBall

Mr. Haymarket, sir, it was dark, my eyes aren't so good as they used to be, but did I pass you walking arm-in-arm with a young lady (by young, I mean younger than me) walking by Leadbelly's at about 10:30 last night?  If it wasn't you, it was someone who looked a lot like you and I wasn't confident enough in the darkness to say anything.  So ...

Damn, Norm, what were you doing out at that late hour?   You haven't been out in a fun district on a weeknight in like 20 years.

And no I don't spell Riley with 7 L's because I like him, he doesn't embarrass me and the whole state by being a lazy, arrogant, Nebraska hating asshole. Those are just my reasons. You don't have to agree. I could go on but I made a promise to HB I would let the Pelini stuff go if he would be my friend again.

I don't think he was lazy..... ;)

Thank you Bugeaters1! We're looking forward to it. We loved everything about Lincoln & NU on our visit. I've been part of the forum for a few months just enjoying the conversations. It does get a little crazy, but I haven't read anything malicious or mean. Just a bunch of concerned, caring fans. I can't be mad at that at all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We're (Nicea Eliely) still committed as well. So that's 4/5 recruits + Jess

I had you as part of that 3 from a previous post. ;)

Also, I'm not posting this sort of stuff to pressure anyone who happens to be a parent who posts here...just trying to get the lay of the land. I get this is a big transition and who we pick as our next head coach will be re-recruiting much of our entire roster.

Thank you Bugeaters1! We're looking forward to it. We loved everything about Lincoln & NU on our visit. I've been part of the forum for a few months just enjoying the conversations. It does get a little crazy, but I haven't read anything malicious or mean. Just a bunch of concerned, caring fans. I can't be mad at that at all!

That's because Creighton women's basketball stinks and they can't come over here and give us the business about beating us. ;)

Also welcome and know that once you are a husker you will always be a HUSKER.

Sam McKeown tweeted today that had Chatrice. Had chosen the huskers, the last two weeks would not have happened. ls That a strange tweet or is he just thinking outloud?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's probably sort of like a Rube Goldberg contraption.  The first ball drops and that starts the dominos tumbling.  And maybe what he's saying is that the first domino wouldn't have been tipped over if Chatrice had come here to begin with.  I don't know, just guessing at his meaning.

Sam McKeown tweeted today that had Chatrice. Had chosen the huskers, the last two weeks would not have happened. ls That a strange tweet or is he just thinking outloud?

Well sure, and probably if Theriot hadn't gotten hurt last year and this year, and several other scenarios.  I mean, White is a great player, and we would have been ridiculously good last year with her, at least until Theriot went out.  And this year it would have meant more Ws.  But the last two weeks didn't happen, IMO, because of basketball the outcome of games.  No way Yori is gone because Eichorst thought we weren't successful enough in the sport, or recruiting had fallen into the abyss, etc. Or even that we missed on some in-state talent (our record over the 14 years is pretty good in that department).  

White would have had nothing to do with a former DBO, a current trainer, and the things that were getting investigated.   Perhaps he means that we would have had enough additional success on the court that they would have been unable to investigate or reach different conclusions from it....or a title and trophy more recent than 2 years ago would have meant the investigation got deep-sixed.  But to the extent White would have made us better (which I think is indisputable; she was way better than i thought she would be when she was in high school), I don't think that is the issue involved in Yori no longer being the coach. 

White would have had nothing to do with a former DBO, a current trainer, and the things that were getting investigated.   Perhaps he means that we would have had enough additional success on the court that they would have been unable to investigate or reach different conclusions from it....or a title and trophy more recent than 2 years ago would have meant the investigation got deep-sixed.  But to the extent White would have made us better (which I think is indisputable; she was way better than i thought she would be when she was in high school), I don't think that is the issue involved in Yori no longer being the coach. 

Probably something along these lines

White = the inside out game Connie was so successful with + a big body to hit the boards. Shepard + White = a banger down low and a 4 who can jump out to 15-20 ft and knock down a shot. Remember how successful that was with the Griffin/Montgomery combo. Who knows what happened to create the resignation, but the offense was pretty stale the last couple years on the basketball side. I think Connie got punked by a few folks and this year the players were just too young to play through a little adversity. Sometimes you hit the wall and even the best just need to move on.

White = the inside out game Connie was so successful with + a big body to hit the boards. Shepard + White = a banger down low and a 4 who can jump out to 15-20 ft and knock down a shot. Remember how successful that was with the Griffin/Montgomery combo. Who knows what happened to create the resignation, but the offense was pretty stale the last couple years on the basketball side. I think Connie got punked by a few folks and this year the players were just too young to play through a little adversity. Sometimes you hit the wall and even the best just need to move on.

I can't read Griffin without hearing MC's voice in my head saying "KELSEY GRIFFIN"

I can't read Griffin without hearing Putney's voice in my head saying "KELSEY GRIFFIN"

Putney?