Yori Resigns

hskr4life

pretty cool, emily-------pretty cool! congrats!

some good news out there, finally.

That is awesome.   Can't think of a better diversion and get-away from the other stuff than this.   Emily, I'm jealous; going to The Masters is #1 on my bucket list, and you got it done before you're out of college.

Couldn't happen to a nicer family. They come up to Lincoln to see every game. Wonder if the Texan can hold on and win another green jacket...

I don't quite know what condition Pat is in these days, but if she is aware of what transpired, I hope she kicks his ass.

If it's wrong to prohibit players from dating each other, then why would it be wrong for a coach to date a player?

Isn't that discrimination too?

Didn't Bill Fennely. Marry a player that he coached?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Billy Fennelly (his son) married Lyndsey Medders. And he was an assistant coach for Northwestern during my first year there.

maybe, just maybe------coach yori had just reached a point in her life where she couldn't take anymore and said, "this is it". using the words of robert barone in the episode where debra and ray gave him money to help him out financially, "i need a break from my life!" with all the bickering that must have been evident a good share of the season, the "eye" on the program from admin,  plus her divorce proceedings, it must have taken a toll on coach yori. i had mentioned before i thought her uni postgame interview---i don't know, something just didn't feel right to me. anyway, hope this is over by mid-week---relating to the coaching search. that would give me a good feeling it is probably amy williams, otherwise, it may drag on for awhile.

Clearly it had been a rough year, and another issue which hasn't gotten much discussion is the health of Connie's parents.  Anyone who has gone through that knows has tough it is.  Having said that, if it was unilateral--Connie just decided to resign on her own--you don't get a $1.2 million dollar buyout of your contract.  it's not difficult to connect the dots here. 

yes, you are correct HB-----------sometimes still grasping at straws, still trying to make sense of all this garbage. i didn't really make my point clear (which i have always had a pretty good knack for). evidently the admin felt she had lost control of the program---and, like mentioned before, the public may never hear some things. 

Kind of doubt we'll (the fans) ever get the whole Yori story. No matter how much speculation there is as to what really transpired, it may not ever make total sense. Doubt an explination will come from the UNL admin. or AD....maybe later.... but who knows ?

I'm kind of ready to move on, may not ever fully understand. These kind of things happen for a multitude of reasons, pretty much never just one or two things. Wish Connie/AD/admin could have worked it all out, but...not to be I guess.

Just hope the new coach/staff is here soon and can start the healing process for players and fans.

(just saw Jess Shepard in crowd...on TV......watching the NU/Mich softball game on BTN today)

I don't quite know what condition Pat is in these days, but if she is aware of what transpired, I hope she kicks his ass.

If it's wrong to prohibit players from dating each other, then why would it be wrong for a coach to date a player?

Isn't that discrimination too?

Didn't Bill Fennely. Marry a player that he coached?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Billy Fennelly (his son) married Lyndsey Medders. And he was an assistant coach for Northwestern during my first year there.

Thanks Noah, I have always been confused about that situation.

Actually 3 of the practice players have now come out and said the same thing that the first did. The one said they (practice players) they got yelled at more than the girls did.

Well, apparently they're all biased because of the great OPPORTUNITY they got to be practice players for the Husker women, so you can't trust their lying eyes.

Actually 3 of the practice players have now come out and said the same thing that the first did. The one said they (practice players) they got yelled at more than the girls did.

Well, apparently they're all biased because of the great OPPORTUNITY they got to be practice players for the Husker women, so you can't trust their lying eyes.

Yeah it's a conspiracy that the practice players and players would say that nothing was out of the norm.

Kind of doubt we'll (the fans) ever get the whole Yori story. No matter how much speculation there is as to what really transpired, it may not ever make total sense. Doubt an explination will come from the UNL admin. or AD....maybe later.... but who knows ?

I'm kind of ready to move on, may not ever fully understand. These kind of things happen for a multitude of reasons, pretty much never just one or two things. Wish Connie/AD/admin could have worked it all out, but...not to be I guess.

Just hope the new coach/staff is here soon and can start the healing process for players and fans.

(just saw Jess Shepard in crowd...on TV......watching the NU/Mich softball game on BTN today)

I know them personally as well. Just asking, but what do you mean by "it's not suppose to work this way"?

cyinne, instead of implying that a practice player's views are unreliable due to some ridiculous, assumed "loyalty" to the coach, why don't you just acknowledge your own bias?

What's it matter if I have bias or not? You have bias, everyone here has bias. We all probably do not agree on all levels, obviously. Does that make me right and you wrong, or vise versa? Of course not. All I have ever done here to try to make sense of what happened by keeping an open mind to all levels of this very complex situation. I'm not directly going to believe or not believe anything that comes out on this situation but I will always take everything with a grain of salt. People that blindly follow what the majority are saying and taking it for gospel do not know the entire story. I don't know the entire story, nor will I ever. The same thing goes for all of you unless your name is Shawn Eichorst or Mark Boehm.

I know them personally as well. Just asking, but what do you mean by "it's not suppose to work this way"?

cyinne, instead of implying that a practice player's views are unreliable due to some ridiculous, assumed "loyalty" to the coach, why don't you just acknowledge your own bias?

What's it matter if I have bias or not? You have bias, everyone here has bias. We all probably do not agree on all levels, obviously. Does that make me right and you wrong, or vise versa? Of course not. All I have ever done here to try to make sense of what happened by keeping an open mind to all levels of this very complex situation. I'm not directly going to believe or not believe anything that comes out on this situation but I will always take everything with a grain of salt. People that blindly follow what the majority are saying and taking it for gospel do not know the entire story. I don't know the entire story, nor will I ever. The same thing goes for all of you unless your name is Shawn Eichorst or Mark Boehm.

You're the one who suggested that we shouldn't listen to what the practice player had to say because, supposedly, his perspective would be distorted by bias.  Yet you've been singularly the most forceful person on here in advocating one side against the other. 

I have no bias.  I don't know these people and I don't know what happened.  I have no preconceived notions about it, though some people who do have shared their views with me, including views that concur with yours.  I'm not arguing against any of them.

What I am arguing against is the absurd suggestion that you can't trust the practice player because he might be blinded by some kind of loyalty to Connie Yori due to having been a practice player.

You've argued that his viewpoint isn't reliable but you won't concede that yours is tainted by bias when clearly it is.

The practice players have direct knowledge.  It's one thing to not believe a bunch of message board posters.  But I would be careful castigating the reports of direct participants, especially if you don't know them or have talked to them.  These are extremely solid kids of high character.  If they were saying the opposite thing, I would be listening to them and reexamining my own views.  

The practice players have direct knowledge.  It's one thing to not believe a bunch of massage board posters.  But I would be careful castigating the reports of direct participants, especially if you don't know them or have talked to them.  These are extremely solid kids of high character.  If they were saying the opposite thing, I would be listening to them and reexamining my own views.  

It would be one thing if it were just one player or one practice player, but isn't. it is multiple players so I tend to believe them.

The practice players have direct knowledge.  It's one thing to not believe a bunch of massage board posters.  But I would be careful castigating the reports of direct participants, especially if you don't know them or have talked to them.  These are extremely solid kids of high character.  If they were saying the opposite thing, I would be listening to them and reexamining my own views.  

I'd like to be on a massage board.  I'd like to be on one right now.

I'd like to be on a massage board.  I'd like to be on one right now.

I was having a rough day with the little hand held device; good catch, Norm.   :)

• 3 weeks later...