Dylan Osetkowski -> Texas

Rome4Lyfe

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14390188/college-basketball-transfer-list

4. Dylan OsetkowskiTulane Green Wave

The 6-foot-9 Tulane transfer will be one of the more sought-after frontcourt players on the market. He averaged 11.3 points and 8.3 rebounds -- and schools like Texas, Arizona, California, Nebraska, Mississippi State and others have noticed.

Not that Nebraska is really in any position to turn post players down, but at this point I think they need 1-2 post players that can come in an contribute immediately. I think Nebraska should only go after a traditional transfer that has to sit out 1 season, if someone else transfers, which would give Nebraska 3 open scholarships.

I think the 2 open scholarships should go to 1 grad transfer post player and 1 high school post player.

Not that Nebraska is really in any position to turn post players down, but at this point I think they need 1-2 post players that can come in an contribute immediately. I think Nebraska should only go after a traditional transfer that has to sit out 1 season, if someone else transfers, which would give Nebraska 3 open scholarships.

I think the 2 open scholarships should go to 1 grad transfer post player and 1 high school post player.

No doubt. If that "three spot availability" were to happen (i.e. one more player left), that would be the best-case scenario for the future roster (provided they are all 4* ballers, of course). :D

No doubt. If that final sentence were to happen, that would be the best-case scenario (provided they are ballers, of course). :D

Yeah, I do think Osetkowski is a good player and could be successful at Nebraska, so I hope that it doesn't come off like I think he wouldn't be good. My concern is that Nebraska has a chance to be better next year than they have ever been in my lifetime. With a core group of Watson, Gill, White, Morrow, Jacobson, and Webster, they are very talented at every position except Center/Rim Protector. Doesn't even have to be an offensive powerhouse, just someone that will keep Nebraska from being seriously outmatched down low if their opponent has 1-2 legit post players. Someone that can consistently grab rebounds and challenge the shots of opposing team's guards if they try to take it to the rim off the dribble. I have a feeling that White is going to have a special senior year next season, so I don't want to see that wasted because Nebraska is outmatched in the post.

...but then again, we have not heard definitively that there will be no more transfers. Correct?

We haven't heard definitively. However, if you read the huskers.com article about the Hammond transfer carefully, after it details the Hammond departure as well as the Borchardt and Trueblood departures, the very last paragraph talks about who Nebraska returns for next season. Says something like 6 players who played significant minutes or something to the effect. Someone could still transfer but I took it like this was it.

...but then again, we have not heard definitively that there will be no more transfers. Correct?

We haven't heard definitively. However, if you read the huskers.com article about the Hammond transfer carefully, after it details the Hammond departure as well as the Borchardt and Trueblood departures, the very last paragraph talks about who Nebraska returns for next season. Says something like 6 players who played significant minutes or something to the effect. Someone could still transfer but I took it like this was it.

OK, well, six contributors return, plus Benny and Shavon makes 8.  Hammond would be nine.  Gill is ten.  Empty spot is 11.  That leaves ...

OK, well, six contributors return, plus Benny and Shavon makes 8. Hammond would be nine. Gill is ten. Empty spot is 11. That leaves ...

Evelyn and fuller probably weren't included in that six. They mentioned 3 returning starters and 3 others who played in at least 30 games.