Hammond transferring

khoock

Hammond signed with Nebraska after originally committing to Oklahoma. He'd played for four different programs in four years of high school, including his senior season at Class 3A Comanche, Oklahoma.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/article_ef454ec6-12cf-5aff-8951-2f016d4fd388.html

Hope it works out well for Jake. He represented his school & program well in Lincoln. Solid kid with potential for getting better with a redshirt at his disposal.

From another thread...  players in red are transfering. 

I know Tim Miles will be having meetings with the players about their future pretty soon but when are the final decisions to transfer typically announced?
Also, who do you guys think are the most likely players to do so?

I say we just play a game of put in order the most likely to least likely to transfer.

Laws

Trueblood

Fuller

Evelyn

Borchardt

Hammond

McVeigh

Marrow

Jacobson

Watson

Tai

Gill

White

Hammond was in over his head and I hope he can go to a lower level program and start.

He had moments, but because of a issue with depth he was always in a bad spot.

Hope we use that spot to get a legit big who can play NOW

The injuries to Leslee Smith and Moses Abraham last year really screwed him over. He definitely needed a redshirt year.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210845492

I was going to speculate that Hammond would transfer somewhere closer to home....now I don't have to as he's come out and said so.  Pretty sure he was thinking about this last year as the staff went so far as to tweet positively about him.

Probably not going to be the starter and during the last 23 games either didn't play or barely played in the majority of them. Basically he was 1-2 big men recruits away from being related to the bench on a mostly permanent basis.  In the end potentially a move beneficial for both parties depending on where he goes and who we land.

Jake was our first top 150 kid.

Don't necessarily know that Trueblood and Borchardt are transferring. Just that they won't be playing basketball at Nebraska next year. Still could be students

Borchardt originally came here for school so I doubt he transfers. I bet Trueblood shops around to see what is available and makes a decision based on that.

Don't necessarily know that Trueblood and Borchardt are transferring. Just that they won't be playing basketball at Nebraska next year. Still could be students

Borchardt originally came here for school so I doubt he transfers. I bet Trueblood shops around to see what is available and makes a decision based on that.

Johnny is a good basketball player. I'd be really disappointed in him if he gave up his talent and didn't find a smaller school to play for.

You guys think that's it then? I think they typically do their player meetings tuesday and Wednesday.

I think that may be. I posted some info about Morrow about a week ago and can now post more. It does sound like things are in line for Ed to return thank goodness. He's definitely got his share of things to work on, the first being to get healthy, but his athletic ability and raw potential are sky high. Robin Washut basically put to bed the Ed Morrow transfer rumors with a tweet at the end of last week but with some information I knew, it wasn't a completely dead issue. I would feel incredibly stupid if a transfer announcement came tomorrow so as of right now, family and those in Ed's camp have him convinced that he should stay here in school and return to the team as he has been checking into summer classes. That's as of now and I would be completely shocked to hear an announcement of Ed transferring.

You guys think that's it then? I think they typically do their player meetings tuesday and Wednesday.

I think that may be. I posted some info about Morrow about a week ago and can now post more. It does sound like things are in line for Ed to return thank goodness. He's definitely got his share of things to work on, the first being to get healthy, but his athletic ability and raw potential are sky high. Robin Washut basically put to bed the Ed Morrow transfer rumors with a tweet at the end of last week but with some information I knew, it wasn't a completely dead issue. I would feel incredibly stupid if a transfer announcement came tomorrow so as of right now, family and those in Ed's camp have him convinced that he should stay here in school and return to the team as he has been checking into summer classes. That's as of now and I would be completely shocked to hear an announcement of Ed transferring.

Did people honestly think Ed was going to leave?

Seems like a lot of rumors with little to no meat behind them.

But if he was thinking about it, I question Ed's toughness a bit... Get healthy and you will get your minutes.

I would be surprised if Borchardt left UNL.  Trueblood, however . . .