2016 SG Ryan Murphy -> Charlotte -> Pitt

unl

Ok let's get serious about this since it seems like a real possibility he could be playing for us. Looking at his rivals page he has an offer from Iowa State? And interest from Arizona, UConn, Gonzaga, Creighton, Iowa, Stanford, Missouri, Xavier, Washington, St. John's....is he for real? I mean when I saw the tweeting going on and then the thread on here I thought he would be a walk-on at best and that ending up here was just a joke/long shot.

Looks to be from Fairfield, Connecticut and transferred out to Calabasas or vice versa. Also looks like he was originally a 2016 guy and reclassified to 2017? Can someone square me away on all of this? I watched some videos of his where he was at elite 100 camps. Is he for real? Is he more than walk on material? As in, would we need to put him on scholarship if he was to come here?

Ok let's get serious about this since it seems like a real possibility he could be playing for us. Looking at his rivals page he has an offer from Iowa State? And interest from Arizona, UConn, Gonzaga, Creighton, Iowa, Stanford, Missouri, Xavier, Washington, St. John's....is he for real? I mean when I saw the tweeting going on and then the thread on here I thought he would be a walk-on at best and that ending up here was just a joke/long shot.

Looks to be from Fairfield, Connecticut and transferred out to Calabasas or vice versa. Also looks like he was originally a 2016 guy and reclassified to 2017? Can someone square me away on all of this? I watched some videos of his where he was at elite 100 camps. Is he for real? Is he more than walk on material? As in, would we need to put him on scholarship if he was to come here?

The year matters more than anything else. I'm working under the assumption that he's 2016 and unless we have more roster turnover we have no room for him with a scholarship. Certainly looks qualified as a walk-on and if he's moving to 2017 then let's talk.

It would be stupid to walk on here if he has a scholarship offer from Iowa State imo.

If we have room for a transfer gaurd (kid from Miami) why don't we have room for a freshman gaurd?

I keep thinking he wants to be here with his friends even if it means paying his own way. He now has favorited a tweet of mine just because I used #Huskers..he clearly wants to be here.

It would be stupid to walk on here if he has a scholarship offer from Iowa State imo.

If we have room for a transfer gaurd (kid from Miami) why don't we have room for a freshman gaurd?

Because ATM we have limited room for big men and difference makers and frankly he doesn't seem like a difference maker.

I would also take a schollie from Iowa St vs walking on most anywhere and they do have a bunch of openings. However the offer on VC says 2014 when Hoiberg was there so I don't know how current that is.

I keep thinking he wants to be here with his friends even if it means paying his own way. He now has favorited a tweet of mine just because I used #Huskers..he clearly wants to be here.
That could be. I don't know his family background but maybe paying for school isn't that big of a deal for him.

Me too!  There is a lot to be said for someone who really Wants to be here!  Think Benny Parker.  I know Benny wasn't a Miles recruit and Tim didn't quite know what to do with him; but his energy and devotion was such that he became a consistent starter, as well as one of the most-liked Huskers, despite his shortcomings.