Iowa: 2 leaving...

whoopdeedoo

6' 2" Tagyn Larson (from Sioux Falls) and Whitney Jennings. Both leaving to play closer to home. Isn't Jennings from Indiana?

btw, Larson only had a few minutes of playing time. i believe Jennings was a starter.

Jennings is from Logan indiana

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

People quit jobs all the time and take other ones. It's not more or less moral because it's a sports team.

As an employer, I know all about this.  I'm not sure morality is the issue, but certain virtues do come into play:  Persistence, overcoming adversity, delayed gratification just to name a few.   Whether an employer or a coach, there is an investment of time, money, emotion and loyalty.  And then they sometimes (and lately it seems often) just leave.   Over what should be speed bump to the player or employee but is perceived as a giant wall.   

Jennings is a good ball player.  Iowa has quite a few starters returning.

and a few pretty good recruits coming in. i read it was a top 18 class. maybe jennings was "hearing/reading" things---but, who knows if that had anything to do with it. probably numerous pieces fit together for her to come to such a decision. 

tagyn larson was a top 100 recruit, if my memory serves me correct. one of the rumors out there that possibly added weight to her decision is that she is dating someone from sdsu. doesn't mean she will end up there, but, evidently wanted to come back to the area. from an article in the sioux falls argus leader, the possibilities are listed as sdsu, usd, augustana, and univ of sioux falls.

In the next couple of weeks we will start hearing about lots of kids at schools all over the country transferring. I read a couple years ago in womens basketball that 38% of d1 kids transfer at some point in their career.  Just a microcosm of society in general. People jump jobs more than they used to.  Loyalty is less important than it used to be and more people focus on "me".  I am not judging, just reality.  Lots of reasons behind the transfers -- usually PT, location, unhappy kids, unhappy parents, lack of patience, grades, etc.  We live in an immediate gratification culture.

Wonder if Larson will wind up at SDSU.

very possible number of connections there. someone also mentioned augustana---if she wanted to play right away.

If I remember right her sister played volleyball at SDSU and her brother played basketball there. When she committed to Iowa she had three finalist Iowa, Iowa St and Nebraska.

Wonder if Larson will wind up at SDSU.

very possible number of connections there. someone also mentioned augustana---if she wanted to play right away.

If I remember right her sister played volleyball at SDSU and her brother played basketball there. When she committed to Iowa she had three finalist Iowa, Iowa St and Nebraska.

sdsu head coach has put his signature tweet out there when he gets a recruit(s). i will take a shot and say Tagyn Larson will be announcing shortly she is a Jackrabbit. would be a good pick up for them.

Typically comes out just prior to our postseason banquet, which is April 7. Stay tuned, I'd say....

What if the banquet was to be canceled?

Well, then I would expect some announcements about the same time, banquet or not.  It will be an interesting 10 days.