Just go back for Hawaii. Haven't seen any B1G games, fill me in.

PimpMario

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the B1G games (trip to Hawaii was great but hard to stay in touch, we had to huddle around a laptop to watch the Capitol One embarrassment).

All I know about our beloved basketball team is the scores: 

@ #8 OSU 71-44

Wis 47-41

@ #2 Mich 62-47

@ #22 MSU 66-56

Looks like other than OSU we have been relatively competitive.  We have played 4 good teams and lost by 6, 10, and 15.  Not too shabby.

So how did we look while I was gone.

What our our chances for an upset against Purdue?  Can't wait to play NW and Iowa!

OSU-- We were never in this one and looked shell shocked to even be playing in an arena where the people go nuts.  Overall I think we were just trying TOO hard to make something happen, though the effort was at best terrible.

Wiscy-- Wisconsin comes into town and shoots terrible.  They made maybe 3 to 4 freethrows, and that allowed us to stay in the game the whole time.  This was a winnable game and if we would of played Wiscy like we did Michigan and MSU, we would have won.

Michigan-- We played well on defense and through them off their game by slowing  things down.  People were predicting them to outscore us by 40 to 50, and some even had Michigan scoring 100.  Neither happened as we made it a game until the end.  We fouled though clearly out of it, and it made the score difference what it is.

Michigan State-- Our 3rd Big 10 road game in the first 4 games.  We came into this one off a good preformance against Michigan.  We were without Ubel, and no one gave us a chance including myself.  No Ubel, and Michigan States next game is against Penn State, so they could not possibly be looking ahead.  What we did not know was that Rivers and Shields would show up early, and the Huskers would be in it until the end.  We had a lead midway through the 2nd half, and were only down 1 with a few mins to go when Talley missed a three pointer and they came down and hit one.  We fouled in the end to make it a larger win for them.

Against Purdue expect another slow it down game.  I feel like the way the huskers have been playing, they certainly do have the possibility of winning the next two which would put them at 2-4 heading into the Illinois game at home.  That game is HUGE because the following is a matchup with Northwestern at home.  We have shown that we can play with any team in the conference no matter what style we play.  There is a chance, and I am not overly optimistic, but there is a chance that we could be heading into the road game at Minnesota at 4-4 in conference play.  The next 4 are all winnable depending on how we play.

The most frustrating game to watch was the home game vs. Wisconsin.  I thought the Ohio State game was also ugly because I personally did not think we played at the level that have come to expect.  The last two games, we were very competitive but looked like we simply ran out of steam.

Ah, ol' Standhardinger: his name conjures up images of 

OSU-- We were never in this one and looked shell shocked to even be playing in an arena where the people go nuts.  Overall I think we were just trying TOO hard to make something happen, though the effort was at best terrible.

Wiscy-- Wisconsin comes into town and shoots terrible.  They made maybe 3 to 4 freethrows, and that allowed us to stay in the game the whole time.  This was a winnable game and if we would of played Wiscy like we did Michigan and MSU, we would have won.

Michigan-- We played well on defense and through them off their game by slowing  things down.  People were predicting them to outscore us by 40 to 50, and some even had Michigan scoring 100.  Neither happened as we made it a game until the end.  We fouled though clearly out of it, and it made the score difference what it is.

Michigan State-- Our 3rd Big 10 road game in the first 4 games.  We came into this one off a good preformance against Michigan.  We were without Ubel, and no one gave us a chance including myself.  No Ubel, and Michigan States next game is against Penn State, so they could not possibly be looking ahead.  What we did not know was that Rivers and Shields would show up early, and the Huskers would be in it until the end.  We had a lead midway through the 2nd half, and were only down 1 with a few mins to go when Talley missed a three pointer and they came down and hit one.  We fouled in the end to make it a larger win for them.

Against Purdue expect another slow it down game.  I feel like the way the huskers have been playing, they certainly do have the possibility of winning the next two which would put them at 2-4 heading into the Illinois game at home.  That game is HUGE because the following is a matchup with Northwestern at home.  We have shown that we can play with any team in the conference no matter what style we play.  There is a chance, and I am not overly optimistic, but there is a chance that we could be heading into the road game at Minnesota at 4-4 in conference play.  The next 4 are all winnable depending on how we play.

Good breakdown. Ubel needs to be back in a hurry; team the bigs up w/ more recent, notable production by Shavon Shields & David Rivers should take a little pressure off of Gallegos & Talley trying to score a bucket every possession.

Hope the beachin' was outstanding in Hawai'i !!