The 2016 Transfer Thread

hhcmatt

I am just throwing darts but this kids dad was an assistant coach for the Huskers from 2006-2010. Sounds like he is going to Gonzaga, but not a done deal. His numbers are good. Would be a nice replacement for AWIII at this late stage. He announced he was transferring on 5/30 so maybe they have time to get him interested in a visit.

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208927261

I am just throwing darts but I this kids dad was an assistant coach for the Huskers from 2006-2010. Sounds like he is going to Gonzaga, but not a done deal. His numbers are good. Would be a nice replacement for AWIII at this late stage. He announced he was transferring on 5/30 so maybe they have time to get him interested in a visit.

I think I'd take him. Scoring point guard eligible the year after Tai graduates.

We really need to take a chance on a 5th year combo guard. We don't need him to start...but for depth. There's going to be a game where we get into foul trouble or need an extra ball handler Even if its an average guy from a mid major.

Amen. Been saying for a long time I wanted another guard.

I never got the disregard for Evelyn either.   I hate to say it...but I really wish he was still around.   I know he had a bad shooting percentage last year, but I never felt he was a bad shooter...if that makes sense.  He was an athletic guy that could have...especially now...a role on this team.

He is a grad transfer. Eligible this year.

Oh.  I looked for his profile on the link above and it only showed 2 years of stats, so I assumed he was a junior.

But he's actually completed his junior year and would be going into his senior season?  OK, well, he'd replace White and then some from what I see on that video.

I am just throwing darts but I this kids dad was an assistant coach for the Huskers from 2006-2010. Sounds like he is going to Gonzaga, but not a done deal. His numbers are good. Would be a nice replacement for AWIII at this late stage. He announced he was transferring on 5/30 so maybe they have time to get him interested in a visit.

I think I'd take him. Scoring point guard eligible the year after Tai graduates.

What exactly is indicating that this isn't a done deal? The dude is gonig to Gonzaga.

The problem with AWIII taking his sweet time is that our fairly small chance of even getting Matthews or others to visit is that a lot of those ships have sailed.

Evelyn should have taken his red-shirt last year.

Agree with this 100%. Evelyn was far from a world beater in terms of talent but I think he could have been a solid player for us. Personally, I think his shooting percentages were so poor bc in the limited garbage time he recieved he was pushing too hard instead of letting the game come to him.

Agree with this 100%. Evelyn was far from a world beater in terms of talent but I think he could have been a solid player for us. Personally, I think his shooting percentages were so poor bc in the limited garbage time he recieved he was pushing too hard instead of letting the game come to him.

And..... So far, Nebraska has a solid "A" grade on transfer players sitting out a year and coming back improved.  I would think that year would have helped BE a lot red-shirting.  I wonder if most schools see as big improvement from their players after sitting out a year in the program as Nebraska has????

Can't wait to see Gill tear it up

We really need to take a chance on a 5th year combo guard. We don't need him to start...but for depth. There's going to be a game where we get into foul trouble or need an extra ball handler Even if its an average guy from a mid major.

Amen. Been saying for a long time I wanted another guard.

I never got the disregard for Evelyn either.   I hate to say it...but I really wish he was still around.   I know he had a bad shooting percentage last year, but I never felt he was a bad shooter...if that makes sense.  He was an athletic guy that could have...especially now...a role on this team.

Agree completely.  People looking at that ridiculously small sample size to determine he is a terrible shooter.  He was a good 3 point shooter in high school.

What exactly is indicating that this isn't a done deal? The dude is gonig to Gonzaga.

The problem with AWIII taking his sweet time is that our fairly small chance of even getting Matthews or others to visit is that a lot of those ships have sailed.

You mentioned you were tracking the market closely.  When I looked at the guys showing available on the graduate transfer market a couple days ago on ESPN it was extremely bare.  Do you have anyone in mind that Miles might be considering? We really do need a depth guy at the very least. 

And..... So far, Nebraska has a solid "A" grade on transfer players sitting out a year and coming back improved.  I would think that year would have helped BE a lot red-shirting.  I wonder if most schools see as big improvement from their players after sitting out a year in the program as Nebraska has????

Can't wait to see Gill tear it up

The reason that guys look so good after redshirting here is because we're redshirting 3 and 4 star transfers. Fuller redshirted...this didn't turn him into a rotation player.  Watson wasn't hitting much but he was playing a lot as a true freshmen...the same was true for Tarin Smith. If BE was Tarin Smith good wouldn't he have been playing more?

I get he would have improved over time and I was on board with keeping him around for depth.  However, was he ever going to be more than depth/insurance?  Probably not.

You mentioned you were tracking the market closely.  When I looked at the guys showing available on the graduate transfer market a couple days ago on ESPN it was extremely bare.  Do you have anyone in mind that Miles might be considering? We really do need a depth guy at the very least. 

I'll post a list in a bit. Right now I'm seeing 33 guys available including non-guards, guys kicked off their teams for being awful, and/or walk-ons.  

I'll post a list in a bit. Right now I'm seeing 33 guys available including non-guards, guys kicked off their teams for being awful, and/or walk-ons.  

I went through the list after class today to see if there were anyone that roughly fits AW3 mold. I also eliminated guys that had character issues. One guy that was intriguing to me that hadn't committed anywhere is Kellen McCormick from Western Michigan. He's 6'8", immediately eligible, and he can fill it in from 3. Shot 46% from three and hit 9 in one game. He wouldn't be an all conf player but maybe a warm body that could spread the floor?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/61453/kellen-mccormick

I went through the list after class today to see if there were anyone that roughly fits AW3 mold. I also eliminated guys that had character issues. One guy that was intriguing to me that hadn't committed anywhere is Kellen McCormick from Western Michigan. He's 6'8", immediately eligible, and he can fill it in from 3. Shot 46% from three and hit 9 in one game. He wouldn't be an all conf player but maybe a warm body that could spread the floor?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/61453/kellen-mccormick

He has not committed anywhere, Ga Tech, USC involved.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

never mind. just saw Polish Rifles post. Thanks

What is out there indicating it is a done deal?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16471286/california-golden-bears-junior-guard-jordan-mathews-transferring-gonzaga-bulldogs

The only reason it's not "official" is because Mathews technically can't transfer until he graduates.

He has not committed anywhere, Ga Tech, USC involved.

He's someone to look at but he's not a guard

Don't think it has to be a guard if he can come in and provide some long range scoring punch off the bench. His size is similar to AW3's. The only question becomes is if he's redundant with McVeigh, Jacobson, Horne and Roby already in the fold with seemingly similar skill sets. Not sure any of them can shoot it at 41% from 3, though.

What is out there indicating it is a done deal?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/16471286/california-golden-bears-junior-guard-jordan-mathews-transferring-gonzaga-bulldogs

The only reason it's not "official" is because Mathews technically can't transfer until he graduates.

Thanks for the link.  Wouldn't have posted if I had seen that.