The 2016 Transfer Thread

hhcmatt

How many returnees will Pitino have on next year's team, and isn't there some sort of penalty for excessive attrition?

With incoming freshmen/transfers he's at 12 just like us.  There is only penalty if kids just drop out of school at the end of the season....graduating is the opposite of this.

Andre Washington, 7-0, C, Sr., Grad Transfer from Wake Forest

High school: Hargrave Military Academy Rocky Mount, VA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHTr3tRd4DQ&autoplay=1

ANDRE WASHINGTON BIO

• Reserve center who has record 57 career blocks

• One of three current Deacons to have played at Hargrave Military Academy

2014-15 SEASON (JUNIOR)

• Appeared in 21 games off the bench

• Averaged 1.6 points and 0.9 rebounds per game

• Had six points, four rebounds and four blocks at Georgia Tech (Feb. 7)

• Scored five points vs. Mount St. Mary’s (Nov. 26)

• Had four points and four rebounds vs. Nicholls State (Nov. 24)

• Scored four points at Arkansas (Nov. 19)

2013-14 SEASON (SOPHOMORE)

• Appeared in 29 games, making one start

• Averaged 2.3 points and 1.8 rebounds per game

• Led the team with 39 blocked shots

• Scored eight points (4-4 FG) vs. USC in the Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 29)

• Had eight points and three blocks at Virginia Tech (Jan. 22)

• Had four points vs. five rebounds vs. Presbyterian (Nov. 15)

• Had five blocks at Xavier (Dec. 28)

• Two points and two rebounds vs. Richmond in first career start (Dec. 7)

2012-13 SEASON (FRESHMAN)

• Appeared in 17 games off the bench

• Averaged 1.0 point and 0.6 rebounds per game

• Scored a season-high five points (2-2 FG) at North Carolina (Feb. 5)

• Had three points at Georgia Tech (Jan. 26)

• Made collegiate debut at the Paradise Jam vs. Connecticut (Nov. 16)

HIGH SCHOOL/PREP SCHOOL

• A 2012 graduate of Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va.

• Played at Roanoke Catholic High School before transferring to Hargrave

• Played on Hargrave’s post-graduate team coached by former Demon Deacon A.W. Hamilton, who played at Wake Forest in 2001

• Helped Hargrave to a 38-1 record and the No. 2 ranking in the country in 2011-12

• 2012 McDonald’s All-America nominee

• Hargrave teammate of Wake Forest classmate Codi Miller-McIntyre

• Played at Franklin County High School as a sophomore before transferring to Roanoke Catholic and re-classifying to the class of 2012

• Rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals and Scout

• ESPN ranked him as the No. 14 player in the state of Virginia and the No. 46 center in the class of 2012

• Played AAU ball for East Coast Fusion

http://m.wakeforestsports.com/m/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/andre_washington_787079.html

ANDRE WASHINGTON BIO

2014-15 SEASON (JUNIOR)

HIGH SCHOOL/PREP SCHOOL

• Played on Hargrave’s post-graduate team coached by former Demon Deacon A.W. Hamilton, who played at Wake Forest in 2001

• Helped Hargrave to a 38-1 record and the No. 2 ranking in the country in 2011-12

• Played at Franklin County High School as a sophomore before transferring to Roanoke Catholic and re-classifying to the class of 2012

• ESPN ranked him as the No. 14 player in the state of Virginia and the No. 46 center in the class of 2012

http://m.wakeforestsports.com/m/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/andre_washington_787079.html

Andre Washington played against Nebraska as a FROSH: 7 minutes, 2 points, 1 block, and 1 foul. Nebraska beat Wake Forest 79-63 on the road. http://www.huskers.com/pdf8/1010385.pdf

Career stats at Wake: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wake/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/washington-careerstats1415.pdf

And this is why he has a year remaining: "Washington appeared in 67 games, making one start, over his first three seasons before redshirting during the 2015-16 season." http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031516aaa.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GHTr3tRd4DQ&autoplay=1

ANDRE WASHINGTON BIO

2014-15 SEASON (JUNIOR)

HIGH SCHOOL/PREP SCHOOL

Adds size and depth. Doesn't seem like has done a whole lot at Wake but I am perfectly fine adding this body to the mix if he can add a big body down low for 10 minutes and block a few shots.

Hell, put him and Jordy on the court at the same time and we have TWIN TOWERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my hopes up to be told on Twitter that he is East Carolina bound... THEY ARENT EVEN A STATE

It appears so. They are Pirates... apparently to the east of the Carolina's. ;)

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/725377968978165761

Is he committed or signed? Could Nebraska still come in and recruit him? I would think immediate playing time for 1 season in the Big Ten with teammates like Watson, Gill, White, Morrow, etc might be more attractive to a grad transfer than 1 season at East Carolina.

Got my hopes up to be told on Twitter that he is East Carolina bound... THEY ARENT EVEN A STATE

Is he committed or signed? Could Nebraska still come in and recruit him? I would think immediate playing time for 1 season in the Big Ten with teammates like Watson, Gill, White, Morrow, etc might be more attractive to a grad transfer than 1 season at East Carolina.

Looks like Andre Washington has been a part of East Carolina's plans since April 20th: http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/53513/wake-big-man-washington-transferring-to-ecu/

Looks like Andre Washington has been a part of East Carolina's plans since April 20th: http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/53513/wake-big-man-washington-transferring-to-ecu/

He redshirted his senior year because WF wasn't going to play him so he could transfer to a lower level school.

Picture a less talented Moses Abraham.

Dang, I would have loved to have the Matthews kid on our roster.  Now we have to play against him.

Now is the time we can officially say we wouldn't actually want a guard whose stat line from last year is this:

25% from three (ok, it was only 1 of 4)

41% from the line (14 of 34)

13 assists to 19 turnovers (but with 15 steels).

I'm only kidding, of course.

Dang, I would have loved to have the Matthews kid on our roster.  Now we have to play against him.

Now is the time we can officially say we wouldn't actually want a guard whose stat line from last year is this:

25% from three (ok, it was only 1 of 4)

41% from the line (14 of 34)

13 assists to 19 turnovers (but with 15 steels).

I'm only kidding, of course.

Well, now that you put it THAT way ...

;)

Washington Hosting Kentucky Hoops Transfer Marcus Lee

Kentucky basketball transfer Marcus Lee remains on an unofficial visit to Washington, sources told Rivals.com on Thursday. Lee began his visit Wednesday following an official visit to California on Tuesday.

Lee, who was a junior for the Wildcats during the 2015-16 season, declared for the NBA Draft but rescinded his name from consideration before the withdraw deadline. He decided to transfer from Kentucky and most reports indicated he was heading to Cal.

ESPN Basketball Insider Jeff Goodman reported Thursday that Lee was told be several NBA teams he would be a guaranteed second-round selection in the 2016 Draft, making $500,000. However, Lee elected to transfer with UW and Cal as the two schools likeliest to sign him.

However, with the departures of Marquse Chriss and DeJounte Murray to the draft, and Andrew Andrews to graduation, the Huskies have scholarships available. UW already used one to sign former UNLV strong forward commit Carlos Johnson.

If the Huskies were to sign the Kentucky transfer, he would have to sit out one year due to NCAA transfer rules, and then be eligible for the 2017-18 season. While Lee would not have the chance to play with incoming going guard Markelle Fultz, who is expected to be a one-and-done player at UW, he would have a potentially impressive freshman group around him.

Michael Porter Jr., the No.2 overall prospect in 2017, is widely expected to sign with Washington after his father, Michael Porter Sr., was hired by UW last month. Huskies' Head Coach Lorenzo Romar is the Godfather to Porter Jr. as well, with his younger brother Jontay Porter already committed to Washington.

The Huskies are also in good shape with several other recruits in the 2017 class, outside of Porter Jr. Sources did not indicate if, having not committed to Cal during his visit to Berkeley, Washington have become the favorite to sign the UK transfer.

Lee finished his junior season under Wildcats Head Coach John Calipari averaging 6.4 points per game and six rebounds in 21.8 minutes per game.

https://washington.n.rivals.com/news/washington-hosting-kentucky-hoops-transfer-marcus-lee

i would love to grab a solid top 50 (or better) transfer but it's not always that simple.  they have to actually want to come here.

I'm of the mind that if you can't get another transfer stud that you wait it out and take freshman that suit this year.  if it's a top 50 talent that fits you don't think all that hard.

i would love to grab a solid top 50 (or better) transfer but it's not always that simple.  they have to actually want to come here.

It's not even close to that simple though we've grabbed a top 100 for this year (Palmer)

ATM there is one former 4 star who is immediately eligible (LJ Rose of Houston). I don't think the playing time he wants is here for him as he's not coming here to be Watson's backup.

The rest of these types of players that are currently transferring either aren't interested in us or never lived up to the potential for whatever reason (think Moses Abraham)

It's not even close to that simple though we've grabbed a top 100 for this year (Palmer)

ATM there is one former 4 star who is immediately eligible (LJ Rose of Houston). I don't think the playing time he wants is here for him as he's not coming here to be Watson's backup.

The rest of these types of players that are currently transferring either aren't interested in us or never lived up to the potential for whatever reason (think Moses Abraham)

That's what i'm trying to get at -- somewhere in there in the second line that you didn't quote i said 'if it fits'.

the thing is... with morrow and jacobsen i'd be hesitant to take a 4.  with palmer and roby i'd be hesitant to take a 2/3.  so you're basically left with a 1 who thinks he's better than watson (good luck with that) or a 5.

we're way more likely to try and get a high-end high schooler in the next recruiting cycle IMO.