The 2016 Transfer Thread

hhcmatt

Michigan is like the D-League of the B1G.

Bielfeldt

Albrecht

I feel like I'm missing another one...

Ricky Doyle seems to want to go to Iowa, the last I checked anyway.

Doyle isn't a graduate transfer so he can't go to Iowa without losing a full year.

Johnny Dawkins is down at UCF and Aubrey Dawkins has already transferred there.

Creighton doesn't have any scholarships left and I keep seeing them being brought up with guys this year. I guess we'll find out who gets the privilege of taking one for the team and paying for their own school this year assuming that someone doesn't get Creaned.

That's a nifty little pickup for Purdue.  If he's healthy, it substantially changes their outlook I would think.

Eh, from a depth perspective it helps, but he was never that dynamic of a player for Michigan. Steady, but not a guy that  dramatically changes the outlook for a team.

Michigan is like the D-League of the B1G.

Bielfeldt

Albrecht

I feel like I'm missing another one...

Ricky Doyle seems to want to go to Iowa, the last I checked anyway.

Doyle isn't a graduate transfer so he can't go to Iowa without losing a full year.

Johnny Dawkins is down at UCF and Aubrey Dawkins has already transferred there.

Creighton doesn't have any scholarships left and I keep seeing them being brought up with guys this year. I guess we'll find out who gets the privilege of taking one for the team and paying for their own school this year assuming that someone doesn't get Creaned.

If I were a gambler I'd put money on the hypothetical walk-on being Isaiah Zierden. Dad has a good job and plenty of money to pay for a year of Creighton tuition. Me personally, I hope they don't ask him to do it unless they know that the Zierdens are more than willing to oblige. IZ is a proven D1 commodity, and just because his family can afford to pay doesn't mean he should be asked to. I would rather the coaches realize he shouldn't be playing 35 mpg in the big east, if they do so perhaps he'll be able to provide valuable minutes all year as opposed to being completely gassed by early february. Plus, Ricky Doyle just doesn't seem worth potentially alienating the Zierden family

ncaa football and basketball athletes give up so much for their programs. IZ is arguably the last MVC player on the roster that's actually proven he can play at a BE-caliber level, if only in a role player position. 

I honestly don't think the NCAA should allow teams to do that. Everyone should be on a level playing field. Having 14 'scholarship' players while everyone else only has 13 is unfair.

I thought there were measures against this. There are against an athletic scholarship player taking academic scholarships. Like Shavon couldn't have just taken an academic ship to help with paying for school if we had extra guys who needed scholarships

I honestly don't think the NCAA should allow teams to do that. Everyone should be on a level playing field. Having 14 'scholarship' players while everyone else only has 13 is unfair.

I thought there were measures against this. There are against an athletic scholarship player taking academic scholarships. Like Shavon couldn't have just taken an academic ship to help with paying for school if we had extra guys who needed scholarships
I don't know the specifics but I think Creighton has done it each of the past 3 years.

-McDermott (walkon)

-That Cal grad transfer last year (walkon)

-the 7 foot red head this year (graduate scholarship)

I could be wrong but I think I'm right.

I don't know the specifics but I think Creighton has done it each of the past 3 years.

-McDermott (walkon)

You are correct.  CU has done a lot in past few years.  The national player of the year (McDermott) was a Walk-on at CU as he gave up his scholarship so they could sign another player. 

-McDermott (walkon)

You are correct.  CU has done a lot in past few years.  The national player of the year (McDermott) was a Walk-on at CU as he gave up his scholarship so they could sign another player. 

I think it is clear where I stand on CU, that said, why not do it until the NCAA says it's illegal?

Is he worth a look?

I mean for us, I am sure the staff already is way ahead of us as to look further or not.

Until there is at least a mention of us contacting and/or setting up a visit it's not really worth much time.

-McDermott (walkon)

Doc got an extra scholarship one year too.

I'm not sure the NCAA can do a heckuva lot to keep a kid from paying his own way.  What are they going to do - tell a kid (or kid's parents) that they can't spend their money how they want?  That might give rise to a legitimate claim of unconstitutionality.  The NCAA can restrict usage of financial aid programs, but keeping a kid from writing a check is likely out of their jurisdiction.

Not in love with Josh Pastner, huh?

Momma broke the news:

And Momma is taking on all the reporters, too: